•2: Dem Babes•

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ava King is the definition of crazy. Like legit crazy. The half cast girl being both black American and Nigerian, Ava has beautiful dark skin, two coloured lips (brown top, pink bottom), puffy afro mane like I like to call it, slit cat eyes, pointed nose and a nice figure. We became friends when she transferred to our school for Jss3. She walked up to ne and Shatoni when she got introduced to the class and was like "y'all seem nice. Wanna be friends?" and boom! A beautiful friendship was born. Although she was born and lived in America till she was seven, she came back after her Nogerian dad got transferred by the huge firm he was working with. Surprisingly though, her accent never left her. Now its just a mixture of pidgin, small Yoruba (how can you stay in Lagos and not know yoruba?) and her American accent. Ava is literally one of the nicest person you could ever meet in our set. A real darling but once you mess with her or one of us, she switches up real quick and its like she's turned into a street fighter or something.

"Abeg let's go. E ma ro mi le jo" I said, dragging both their arms and moving towards the classroom block since it wasn't yet time for assembly.

We got to the senior block which was two storeys high. The ground floor for Ss1, first floor for Ss2 and the second floor for Ss3. Our class was on the first floor. The stairs that were connected to the buildings that led to each floor were situated at each side of the building, the intersections having a spiral like design at the left side and the normal three corners on the right. Each floor consisted of four classrooms. The toilets for each class situated at the far right of each floor, after the staircase.

We highlighted the stairs and made our towards Ss2A and walked in. At the moment, we had SS1 A, B and C, SS2 A and B and SS3 A and B. We were immediately greeted by the few of our classmates that were around. Well more like I was greeted by our classmates since Ava and Shatoni were in school before me. I'm still wondering why they would come this early. Ava was understandable because she was aspiring to be the next timekeeper after this set.

"Rolakeeeeee!!!!" Deinbofa said, dragging my name longer than it should be, coming towards me to give me a hug. Deinbofa was also one of my friend. We were more like a clique or a friend group, if you may, which consisted of six girls; Me, Shatoni, Ava, Ayobami, Deinbofa and Folakemi. Shatoni and Ava were my best friends, and Ayobami was like a sister to me. Deinbofa and Folakemi were more of my 'better friends' if there's anything like that. But Bami, Kemi and Deinbofa were also best friends.

"Deinbofaaaaaaa!!!" I said also dragging her name and accepting her hug as she hugged me and started swaying with me in her arms.

"Awwn look at how fine she is. Baby girl is finally glowing up o" Deinbofa said dragging my cheek and cooing.

I laughed and swatted her hand off my face "so are you saying I wasn't fine before?" I asked, still laughing with a hand on my waist.

"Exactly!" She said grinning.

I gasped "that hurt right here" I said clutching my heart area, still muttering a 'right here'.

"Eyaaa pele dear" Kemi said sarcastically, butting into our conversation.

"We see each other for the first time this session and this is the first thing you say to me? Me Kemi, the love of your life" I asked melodramatically.

She just laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. "First love nikoko".

Ouch. #heartbroken.

"It is well with the type of friends I keep" I said sighing and shaking my head.

Just then, we heard loud banging and turned to the source to see it was Ava who was apparently shaking her body to the inaudible song that was playing in her mind.

"Ava hope all is well sha?" I asked raising my brows along with the others, trying not to laugh at her idiocy. When did she even leave us.

"All is well my dear Rolake Coker" she said primly, adjusting her clothes and walking back toward us.

I sighed really loudly and exaggeratedly " Again, it is well with the type of friends I keep " I said and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Shatoni flung her arm over my shoulder "Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with us" she said patting me.

"Unfortunately" I muttered to myself.

"You say?" Shatoni asked from beside me probably not hearing me well but knew I said something. Deep down though, I think she did.

"Nothing. I said I'm just so lucky" I said wearing a fake smile.

"Better" the four of them chorused together while I bursted out laughing, lucky I didn't get caught.

God, these girls will be the death of me!

"Bami hasn't come yet?" I asked no one in particular.

"Obviously" Kemi said rolling her eyes.

"Sassy much?" I tsked playfully while she just looked at me with a blank expression.
I would never understand this girl and her switch of moods.

"My dear be smiling. Don't spoil this your beauty o" Ava said pointing at Kemi.

"Na your smile?" She asked and walked away, leaving the classroom, Deinbofa shrugging at us and following her.

Folakemi Agunbiade and Deinbofa Olukoya were like polar opposites. They were literally nothing alike. While Kemi was a bit saucy, Deinbofa was quiet. Kemi had beautiful dark almost black skin while Deinbofa was brown skinned. Kemi was on low cut, which she rocked like a boss, Deinbofa usually did Ghana weaving. Kemi was a savage and Deinbofa was the nice girl. Complete opposites. I never really understood them anyway. How they clicked? I don't know.

"Abeg Toni where our seats dey?" I asked Shatoni after Deinbofa and Kemi had gone to their seats. Vernacular had literally become a norm in this school.

"There" she pointed towards some seats at the extreme end of the class. I've always been a back bencher, right from my elementary school. One was because of my amazing eyesight which I always boasted about and two because I felt like the front benchers were teacher's pets and got to answer more questions in class. We made our way towards our individual seats and sat down. Shatoni being on my row at my back and Ava on my right.

"Girls you will not believe what I heard" Ava said in her accent, putting her elbows on her upper laps and facing us.

"What?" Toni asked while I just raised a brow, urging her to go on after hanging my bag on the head of my chair. I was always the last to hear any information anyway.

"I heard Mrs Onyemem is going to be our class teacher this session. Again!" Ava exclaimed, her distaste being evident.

"Ah God abeg" Shatoni cried into her palms, groaning.

"The fuck?" I asked in bewilderment. I did not expect that.

"I swear guy" Ava said switching to pidgin.

The woman has legit been following us since we were in Jss3 and this is gonna be the third year. I mean what the fuck? I really hated her sha.

"Omo. First bad news of the session. Next?" Shatoni said standing up and locking her locker.

"Make we dey go hall before assembly go start abeg" she said, stretching and we stood up and locked our lockers too, leaving our phones there. Just then, the utility prefect rang the bell.

"I spoke too soon" Toni said sighing.

We laughed and made our way out of the class with other classmates to the assembly before the seniors whooped our asses.

Like Shatoni said,

God abeg.

A/N
Omo I enjoyed writing this chapter😹. And that teacher talk is actually sth that happened to me. I wanted to dieeee.

Anyyyywaysss... Thoughts?
How do you feel about:

Shatoni?

Ava?

Deinbofa?

Folakemi?

Till the next chapter✌
🚶