𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚀

Start from the beginning

"Hey kid did you hurt my jacket?" Dal said as he started moving me to look at the jacket.

"No, your precious jacket is fine." I said irritated as he lifted my arm to inspect it.

"Not completely fine. It doesn't smell like me very much anymore." Dal said.

"And that's a bad thing?" I said.

"Just get in the car." He said. I climbed in the back and sat to the left of ponyboy.

"Where'd you get this car?" Johnny asked as we pulled away.

"It's bucks." Dal said.

"Don't Dal!" Pony said as Dal drove like a person who's never drove before. He started taking his hands off the wheel as we went on and all of our no's were overlapping. This pretty much continued on for the whole ride.

"Hope you guys want some barbecue man." Dal said as he took a sharp turn into the DQ parking lot cutting off a truck.

"Trying to kill us?!" Johnny said.

"What do you guys want?... 3 barbecue sandwichs, 3 cokes and uh.." Dal rambled on and ordered. After we got our food we pulled into a parking spot.

"You guys really are hungry huh." Dal said as we ate our sandwiches. This is the most variety of food I've had in 4 days. "That kid you killed had a lot of friends. It's all over town, soc against grease. Look, I started carrying a heater around." Dal said messing with the gun.

"Dal you kill people with heaters." Ponyboy said.

"And with switchblades." I muttered to myself.

"Don't worry it ain't loaded." Dal said.

"Hey mister do you have 15 cents?" Some annoying little voice asked causing dally to put the heater away.

"Nah, I don't have money man." Dal said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Could you please go away we're kinda busy here." Dal said.

"Do you have a dime?" She persisted.

"Could you go away." Dal said. It was silent for a moment.

"Do you have a dime?" She asked again.

"Go away! Get out of here!" Dal said raising up and shooing her off. "That was a close call." He said taking his glasses off. "Tim Shepard's gang and ours are gonnna have it out with the Socs in the vacant lot tomorrow." Dal said. Guess that's how they solve things in Tulsa. "Hey, I didn't tell you we had a spy." Dal said looking to us.

"Spy? Who?" Johnny asked.

"Remember that nice lookin broad I tried to pick up the night you uh, wasted that kid? What's her name uh..Cherry somethin, the redhead." Dal said. Cherry Valance.

"Cherry Valance." Pony said.

"Cherry, the soc, Yeah." Johnny said.

"Yeah, we were all hanging out in a vacant lot, and she pulls up in her little stinger, right? I thought that took a lot of nerve." Dal said.

"Yeah." Pony said sounding a little sarcastic.

"She said that she'd testify that the Socs were drunk, and they were the ones that were lookin for a fight. You guys just fought back strictly on self defense. So it's cool." Dally explained. "Man, that little broad sure does hate me. I offered to take her over to the dingo for a coke, and she told me to go to hell. I don't know...yeah.....think she might like me?" Dal said. I laughed quicker than I meant to.