thirteen

However, I did wake up.

In movies, there's always someone sitting beside the bed, holding the person who fainted's hand.

But I was alone in the dark room. Not that I expected Niall to be in there, apologizing and begging for my forgiveness, although that would be totally awesome. I must admit, that I'm also a little disappointed Ariel wasn't in here. Looking down at myself, I couldn't help but notice how pale I looked. My skin didn't look very healthy and I wondered why that was. It may have been caused my stress of some sort, I didn't feel very stressed out though. I felt relaxed and happy, considering I was lying in unfamiliar bed and two of my friends were possibly in a gang along with my crush.

I should've kept ignoring them after what the other girls said, I should've hated them and changed my dorm.

They owe me an explanation, and I was sure I wouldn't even be surprised if they told me they murder people as well. And didn't Niall tell me he stopped? He might've continued after he thought I wouldn't come back. I needed an explanation right then and there, so I stepped out of the bed. I quickly grabbed the door handle, realizing my head hurt like hell.

I ended up opening three doors with no people inside; had they returned to the dorms? That thought made me angry.

Finally, I opened a door to a room where a person was lying under the covers.

"Ariel?" I questioned and there was no reply.

"Natalie?"

"Zayn?"

"NIALL?"

Niall's head turned to me, his eyes scanning my body as well as my face, "Hi, are you alright? It's late." He said.

"Where's Ariel?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"She went back to the dorms. So did Natalie and Zayn." He shrugged.

"Then.. We're alone?" I questioned.

He nodded, "Do you have a problem with that?"

I shook my head, "Actually, no. Now you won't be able to call for backup when I beat your ass." I told him, trying to read his face.

"Then try." He said.

"What?"

"Try to 'beat my ass'"

"No, it isn't fair. You're lying on your bed so I have an advantage."

"I believe you're just scared." He teased, making me glare at him.

I walked towards him, having no intensions of trying to beat him. He was way stronger than me, I knew that. I just wanted to seem more tough than I originally am.

I let myself fall down beside him, stealing one of his pillows.

"Tired already?" He smirked, putting a stray of my hair behind my ear.

"Yes," I breathed, "But not tired enough to fall asleep without an explanation. What exactly do you do for living?" I asked him, looking at him with concern.

No matter how hard I would try to deny it, I did have feelings for him. I wanted him to know that as well.

"As you may already know, I'm in some sort of a gang. We make sure people pay our boss' money back, since we let people borrow money or let them buy drugs from us." He explained.

"Have you killed people before?" I questioned.

He nodded, "I have and I'm not proud of it.. Lately, our boss hasn't paid us any money for our work and he even fired some of us. We've decided our last mission as a gang should be getting the money he owes us or at least get the pleasure of killing him," He said and my breath got caught in my throat.

"So you're a murderer." I mumbled.

"I am, princess, and if you don't like it, then I think you should just get the hell away." He coldly said.

"May I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Why are you always so cold towards me? Not just me, but people in general." I asked.

"That's how it is in this business. You can't show emotions," He explained.

"What about Ariel and Natalie? They manage to be nice, and they're still in a gang."

"You're annoying me with all these questions." He sighed, closing his eyes as he leaned back into the bed.

There was silence for a few minutes.

"I like you." I blurbed, instantly regretting it.

However, I fought a blush back and turned around to look at his reaction. His eyes were fixated on mine and my gaze fell upon his lips. I wanted to kiss him so badly.

When he slowly leaned in, I didn't know what to do.

So I turned my head away. When I looked back at him, he was looking confused at me.

"I thought you liked me?" He questioned.

"I do, but I don't want to kiss someone who doesn't like me back," I hissed, rolling over the the edge of the bed.

I instantly fell asleep as I felt Niall's arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

This story becomes worse and worse by every chapter. Don't worry, it's over soon and I'll write a few cute ones also. Love you a lot!!