'After the War...'

Start from the beginning

With his strength, he slid the door open and gently laid Wei Ying on the bed, his back to Lan Zhan, so he could comb his hair.

He took out a jade comb, both a rare and an old one that had hardly been used. It belonged to his mother. When he first picked up the comb, he did not know what he would do with it, but now he did.

He removed Wei Ying's ribbon and black leather headpiece with renewed vigor and ran the comb teeth through his messy hair. He smoothed it out with the comb.

He combed it until it was straight as his back and no longer wavy. He combed it until it glistened in the moonlight streaming through the window.

He kissed the crown of Wei Ying's head, then the two sides of his head until his lips slid to his temple. He pressed another warm kiss there. Lan Zhan tucked his hair into a ponytail and rested his hands on Wei Ying's clothed shoulders.

"Feels so good Lan Zhan," slurred Wei Ying, his body relaxed after such a tender combing session. Lan Zhan slid his hand down Wei Ying's sides, still on his feet, as Wei Ying leaned against his thighs.

Lan Zhan took off the belt that dug into his waist and placed it on the table before stroking his tiny waist, which alarmed Lan Zhan, but that was for another time, so he kept quiet.

Wei Ying turned his head and nosed Lan Zhan's thigh, his head drooping from exhaustion from the day and, most likely, months away from civilization.

Lan Zhan smiled as he lifted Wei Ying and removed the black outer robes, leaving only the blood red inner robes.

Lan Zhan turned to face Wei Ying, whose lids were droopy from sleep. He kissed his brow and flicked his nose, smiling at the twitch, and placed him on the bed.

Lan Zhan watched the boy melt into the warmth, but frowned when Wei Ying didn't settle as he expected.

"Wei Ying?" He scraped his scalp with a hand on his head. Wei Ying opened his eyes and motioned for the older man to come closer.

Lan Wangji approached, and Wei Ying abruptly stood up and shrugged off Lan Zhan's outer robe, fingering at the cloud patterns on the seams before yanking it away and dropping it to the floor.

Lan Zhan sat perplexed, but allowed the younger man to maneuver him as he pleased. The belt on his waist and the tassel attached to it came next.

Later, the second inner garment was strewn across the floor before he was finally dressed only in black pants and a white shirt tied with a tie a little above the waist.

Wei Ying shrugged off the white shirt as well, expecting an argument but receiving none. When Wei Ying's cold fingers touched Lan Zhan's warm skin, he shivered.

Wei Ying slid his fingers along the planes of his stomach and it stroked his chest as the hand went higher to the column of his throat and his perfect jaw until it finally settled.

Wei Ying's fingers reached the forehead ribbon on Lan Zhan, which had settled so neatly that there was not a single hair out of place.

Lan Zhan noticed the obvious hesitancy, but when he kept the younger's fingers on his ribbon, the latter neatly yanked it off in one pull and kissed the cloud pattern.

Lan Zhan breathed, his grip on Wei Ying's wrist tightening. "Wei Ying?" His breath caught in his throat as Wei Ying placed another kiss on the clouds, then on his forehead, before placing it on the bedside table.

"Rule 678- Only family and spouses may touch the Lan headband. Only with their cherished and loved person can a Lan clan's child be untamed. Isn't that correct, Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying inquired wistfully, as if he had mentioned a stray opinion rather than dropping a boulder on top of Wangji's shoulders.