'After the War...'

Start from the beginning

Lan Zhan was his home.

It might have taken him a long time for him to understand, but now he knew how much he missed these arms, these white funeral robes, the forehead ribbon and the man that moved so elegantly.

"Lan Zhan, will you let me stay here?" Wangji frowned at his question. He wasn't sure what it implied so he pulled back a little to tap his index finger underneath his chin to coax the younger to look at him.

"Wei Ying?" he was concerned of what he was asked.

He wanted the best for this boy whom he fell in love with at first sight when he had stoically prevented them to walk in due to the absence of a certain invitation.

Wei Ying gazed at his eyes for moments before his lips broke into the warmest smile Lan Zhan had witnessed in his life time.

"Lan Zhan, will you let me stay here with you? Forever?" the boy was unsure because, after all, he was a coreless man with an ugly body and a horde of ghosts behind his back. It took aback Lan Zhan when he heard the question.

Thus, he was stunned into an alarming silence.

Never in a million years did he expect Wei Ying to be so forthcoming in his desires and he certainly didn't think it possible for it to be addressed so easily, without hesitation.

Nonetheless, what mattered was that this boy wanted to stay with him forever, so he hugged him again, tucking his face into Wei Ying's neck, smiling at the heady scent of flowers that emanated from his body.

"Always." He whispered in the boy's ear, earning light chuckle and a tightening of his arms around his neck.

"What is Wei Ying doing awake?" He abruptly stepped back, wondering why Wei Ying wasn't sleeping, as he had appeared tired earlier in the day.

Wei Ying remained silent.

He pursed his lips stubbornly, turned away, and gazed into the darkness of the nearby forest. Lan Zhan stifled a snort when he noticed Wei Ying's obstinate demeanor, which made him appear to look like a young boy denied of his playtime.

"Wei Ying..." he breathed nuzzling his nose into the younger's cheek leaving a slight touch of lips on the center of his cheek. Wei Ying shivered at the closeness.

He liked it- no he loved it very much.

He wanted more so he nuzzled back pouting at Lan Zhan. "I cannot sleep. I tried to but nothing helped." Wei Ying went back to hiding in Lan Zhan's wide shoulders, pressing a kiss onto the collarbone and light nip that shot right to his abdomen although his robes covered them.

"Does Wei Ying require anything?" Lan Zhan threaded his hands in the silky black locks with a terrible number of knots.

Wei Ying hissed when Lan Zhan unknotted a rather difficult one. He quickly ran his fingers along the hair and massaged the bit of scalp that was tugged earlier. Wei Ying hummed, closing his dilated eyes in relief and warmth.

"Comb my hair?" Wei Ying's voice sounded so small and soft. Lan Zhan probably wouldn't have heard if not for his Lan clan hearing. Lan Zhan nodded a little too quickly and wound his arm around Wei Ying's waist and guided him towards their rooms.

When they were close Lan Zhan contemplated which chamber they should go to when Wei Ying mumbled something incoherently.

"Hmm? Lan Zhan cajoled him to speak louder, rubbing his hips gently.

"Yours, please." he said louder this time, and quickly hid his face in Lan Zhan's robes, shaking.

"Mn. Mine." he said as he lifted Wei Ying into his arms, one arm around his neck and the other under his knees, and glided to his room- no from now everything would be theirs.