thirteen.

{outfit for chapter above}

a normal school day

~~~~~

A few weeks had passed by since Anastasia had last talked to the rest of the Mikaelsons. She had been avoiding them like a plague. And any time she would see them in town, she would just disappear into thin air, much to the confusion of the family. Call her childish and petty, but she didn't care.

Currently, she was seated in her office with her best friend Ric. Both of them were eating lunch together, which was Chinese take out and coffee. An odd mix, but it seemed to be the usual for the duo whenever they ordered out. Either that or something from The Mystic Grill.

"So how are you doing?" Ric asked.

"In general or..." She asked in turn.

"In general and about the Mikaelsons being back in town." The man then clarified, causing her to nod.

"I'm good. I mean I'm happy with the kids and with you. I am just a bit sad that he isn't here with us and instead is putting his life on the line to help others." Anastasia responded.

"And the Mikaelsons?"

"I don't know how I am supposed to feel about it." She replied, honestly. "I mean I am happy to see Kol and Marcel and getting to know Davina. But the rest of them...I just don't know how I am supposed to treat them. Should I forgive them? Or should I keep avoiding them? Do they even deserve a second chance?"

"And then there is Hope. That girl is innocent in all of this. She hasn't done anything to me and I don't blame her for her parents actions. She didn't ask them to hurt me back then. But I can't help that whenever I see her, I remember the betrayal that I felt that night."

"Right....do you want a relationship of any sorts with the rest of the Mikaelsons? Because whatever you do I'll support you and be there for you." Alaric told her.

"I don't know...."

"Okay. Different question. Have you forgiven them for their past actions?"

"I want to. It's been years and I have forgiven them. But can it truly be forgiven if none of them have apologized for the pain that they caused me? Or the pain that Klaus had caused Maverick and Ryder when he left them after promising to never leave them? Or the pain Athena and Astrid went through thinking that their father didn't love them?"

"They haven't apologized, Ric. And even with that in mind, I have forgiven them...at least for the actions they committed against me. But the pain they caused my four kids is something that I don't think I can ever forgive them for..." She told her best friend, whispering near the end.