twelve.

{same outfit as last chapter}

everlasting friendships

~~~~~

"What do you mean by Hell and screams?" Elijah asked, genuinely confused as to what she was talking about, especially since that group she was with seemed to know what she was talking about. It was like being left out from an inside joke.

"Yes, now shoo." Anastasia told her, making motions with her hands. The angel was not in the mood to deal with the 'noble' brother. Her inner devil was aching to be let free and do something violent or rude that she would regret later.

"Watch how you talk to- '' Hayley began to threaten her, but Alaric waved his hand and the two doors slid shut, meeting in the middle. His actions shocked the whole family, wondering when Alaric had gotten magic.

"Ah...peace and quiet at least." Ric mused, causing the other four to laugh at his antics.

~~~~~

Alaric and Anastasia were sitting on one of the couches together. The latter leaning against the prior. It was a normal thing for the two to do. And it wasn't weird for either of them or her husband, seeing as everyone knows that their relationship was completely platonic, nothing romantic about it.

It never had been romantic at all.

Davina and Kol were on the opposite couch across from the one Anastasia and Alaric were on. Kol was sitting normally as Davina's had her legs draped across his lap.

Marcel was sitting in one of the large chairs that was in the room by himself. It was in between the two couches, making the conversation able to flow easily.

"So you and Klaus, huh?" Marcel asked.

"I could say the same about you and Rebekah." Anastasia fired back.

"Touché." The vampire commented with an amused grin.

"So you saved Marcel?" Davina questioned.

"Indeed I did... a few times actually." She said with a smirk.

"What exactly did you do?" Kol questioned, intrigued. Alaric nodded along wanting to know as well.

"I took a grenade for this idiot, so he wouldn't go kaboom and get blown to smithereens and then I walked through fire for him years later."

"Whatever would I do without you." Marcel jokingly said. 

However, he had the utmost gratitude for the girl. She had let a bomb hit her, protecting him and the rest of the soldiers with him. He may have been a vampire, but no vampire could deserve being blown up. Then she had walked through a burning theater for him. And literally held up the smoldering roof of the building. Then finally, she had saved Marcel from the theater stage e had been strung up on.