Chapter 29: Reconnecting

Start from the beginning

"That doesn't suits your personality, sweetie." Mrs. Miller replied. I growled and started rummaging Olivia's closet again. Olivia just sat on her bed, crossing her arms showing that she's angry due to me, making a huge mess in her bedroom. But I don't really care. I have to be quick before getting to know that Chris already leave from his workplace.

"What do you wanna wear? I can search the best outfit for you so you can stop making a mess in my room." Olivia nagged. I turned around and looked at her, smiling.

"Give me something dressy." I answered. She shrugged. She got up and went towards her closet. She gave me a leather jacket, a dress that has two layers - upper and lower body and a pair of ankle boots.

I looked at her and gave me 'are-you-sure-that-this-gonna-work?' look. She just gave me a wryly smile and nodded. I sighed and started to put it on. To make it much more prettier, Olivia gave me a long necklace. As for the hair, since Mrs Miller is a makeup artist, she started to mess around with my hair and also applied some light makeup.

She used a straightener and begin to straighten my hair. She then curled it up at the very end of my hair, making it bubbly. She took some of my hair and then placed it at the front. She let me looked at the mirror. I looked at myself, shocked. God, she's really good at this. I thanked her and hugged her. She laughed. But then...

"Are you guys done yet? I've been waiting in the living room for twenty minutes!" Oliver started knocking the door loudly as if he's gonna bring the door down. Olivia rolled her eyes and went towards the door. Instead of asking what he wants, she just slapped his face. I tried my best not to laugh but Oliver's face was hilarious.

"Alright, let's go." Olivia joked. We all went out, leaving the stunned Oliver in the hallway. Olivia once again looked at her twin brother.

"You stay here and secure this house while me and the girls go and meet Chris. Alright, bye! See ya later..." She said, taking her car keys and went straight out of the house. We quickly went into the car and drove off as fast as we could.

•A FEW MINUTES LATER•

"Okay, we're here." Olivia stepped on the breaks, making her car like a turtle before it comes to a stop.

I looked down and started to grip on my cup of coffee that I just bought when we were on our way here. I started to feel nervous. Lots of questions started to form in my head. But the most important question is "Does he really want to meet me?".

I woke up from my daydream after Mrs. Miller opened the car door for me. I went out and thanked her. I looked at the atmosphere. Honestly, I missed this place. I still remember the second time we met when we started to argue that the child that I'm carrying last time isn't his. I giggled to myself, rewinding the memories here.

Both of them leaded me inside. My heart started to pump real fast like an adrenaline. I could sense that my face started to look pale. I took a deep breath by the time I went into the lobby.

Olivia and Mrs Miller plunged themselves to a nearby sofa and shamelessly took a magazine. I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my feet on the polished floor. They looked at me and laughed.

"Sorry Mel. You're on your own now." Olivia giggled. My mouth slightly opened, shocked with her answer. I frowned and started to gave up on them.

"Alright fine. I'll go alone... If this meet up is messed up, I blamed--" my sentence was stopped after I bumped into something hard. Or should I say someone. Because of me being careless, my warm coffee is all spill on the person's body.

I closed my mouth with my hand. I even started to say sorry lots of times, "oh my god, sir. I am so so so sorry! I didn't see you. I was busy talking to my friends and, and... God, I'm so sorry."