30

jay must've stolen a glance at jungwon a lot of times now, while sitting in front of the bonfire.

he was really thankful that they found him and his friends, because if not, they probably slept in the middle of the woods. turns out, they all planned to go to the same camp site - which is a very weird coincidence.

it must be fate doing its work. jay thought as he stared at jungwon again.

"bro, i've counted." taki suddenly spoke beside him.

"what?"

"16 times. you've glanced at jungwon for 16 times already, so can you just talk to him instead of being like that?"

he sighed. as much as he wants to, he can't. jungwon is probably having a good time with his friends right now, and he doesn't want to ruin his mood. i'll talk to him if i find a chance.

"are you sure you didn't know that we're here? you didn't follow us, right?" sunoo asked his boyfriend curiously.

ni-ki shook his head. "nope, you never told me right? besides, it was youngbin's idea that we go here."

sunoo looked at youngbin who is busy eating with the others. he's not close with us, so it's impossible that he knows. unless, someone told him? nah. it's probably just a pure coincidence.

meanwhile, on the other side of the bonfire, jungwon tries to act normal. he can feel jay's stares at him, and his heart reacts to it.

stupid, stupid heart.

he looked at his wrist watch. 11:11 pm. he closed his eyes for a wish.

i wish for him to find his happiness.

when jungwon opened his eyes, he met jay's gaze. their eyes are longing for each other. it lasted for seconds, until jungwon averted his eyes.

"aren't you guys bored? let's play truth or da-" youngbin tried to suggest, but he got cut off by geonu.

"no, not that. we don't do well with that game here - it's a bad idea." the others nodded in agreement, which made youngbin confused.

"let's just sleep. we still have to wake up at 4 am tomorrow and see the sunrise." kei stood up and started cleaning their area.

daniel also stood up, giving his blanket to jungwon. "you guys can sleep on the other cabin. i'll just get the keys."

----

nicholas and taki followed daniel to the cabin, while geonu and jake already went to sleep. the only ones left that are sitting in front of the bonfire are youngbin, heeseung, jungwon, ni-ki, sunoo, and jay.

youngbin smiled and pulled his chair closer to jungwon. "hey there." he whispered.

"hi?" jungwon was confused, but he smiled back.

"i know that i don't have the right to meddle with anything, but..." youngbin went close to his ear to whisper.

"jay really, really, really likes you. genuinely." he tapped jungwon's back after saying that.

jungwon chuckled and nodded. "i know."

youngbin gave him a thumbs up before standing up and getting inside the cabin.

jay was looking at them the whole time, getting curious.

after a while, sunoo, ni-ki, and heeseung also left the bonfire.

sunoo glanced at his friend before leaving. "are you sure you'll stay here?"

"yeah. i'll sleep in the tent." sunoo nodded and bid goodnight to him.