Closing the bedroom door behind me, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I decide to get a glass of water and sit in the kitchen while the cooks prepare breakfast. Beckett joins me, and squeezes my shoulder trying to comfort me. Again, everyone heard Asher in the bedroom.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep." Beckett said. "I tried to reach you when Asher's noise woke me up, but you blocked your mind."

"I was protecting myself" I told him.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He tells me.

I was tired from the past two nights in pain and didn't pay attention to the conversation during breakfast. I was just trying to make it to lunch. Then I would go to Alpha Jonathan and find a way to tell me about a witch or wizard.

Cole POV

Last night was awful. I had a tight pain in my chest and I didn't know why. I just tossed and turned most of the night. I was eager for today's training. Some good exercise would definitely give me an energy boost.

I came down to breakfast before anyone in my pack. Mikaela and Beckett were already in their seats. I sat in my usual spot as I greeted them. Beckett was polite as always but Mikaela was sitting like a zombie. She must've not slept much. My wolf growled in concern. I hope they didn't notice.

Through breakfast, I noticed Mikaela was on autopilot. Not really bothering with the conversation about Anne leaving yesterday. Not that she should care. Soon, the women started talking about them leaving their own packs when they found their mates. I wondered what it would be like having this breakfast with Kara.

After training I felt much better, and jogged happily to the showers.

"Family meeting" My mother spoke through the link.

I arrived at father's office with Jace and Elena.

- What's this about? – Asked Jace.

- It's time to decide if we're going into this alliance with Crescent Moon. – My father said.

That's right, tomorrow morning, she was leaving.

- Give us your opinions on Alpha Asher and Luna Mikaela – My mother ordered.

- I like Mikaela – started Elena. – She's polite, and graceful. Like a Luna should be, and I'm glad she's not a cheater. But not Asher. Not his person, not him being Alpha. He's in the local bar every evening. And I haven't heard him say anything intelligent.

- I also like Mikaela. - My brother went next - She's good at dodging my questions, only few people can do that. As for Asher. He's a loving mate to her, from where I see. I learned he was an omega before he was Alpha, so that explains why I don't see any Alpha wood in him, but Mikaela is good. And I'm sure he can learn.

They turned to me; it was my turn.

- Mikaela is a good Luna. She is studying, she can hold a conversation with Elena without making faces, she dealt with Jace's interrogation, and she also dodged my own interrogation. Asher seems to be a good mate... as for being Alpha, I agree with Jace, he has a lot to learn. – It hurt saying he was a good mate. But he hadn't given me reasons to believe otherwise.

- We actually believed the same thing. – My mother said. – Until Mikaela asked your father to help her locate a sorcerer.

She asked for that?

- She didn't tell him why, but she said it was important – My mother continued.

- We've only known her for a few days, Robert died a few months ago. She's been Luna for so little. Something is off in her petition. – My father says.