𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣- 𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙮'𝙨

"You okay?" Robin called over the wind to y/n, who was holding on pretty tightly around the girls stomach. It wasn't uncomfortable, but Robin felt like y/n was a little unstable back there.

"Yeah I'm fine, are we nearly there?" She called back, releasing a hand briefly to push hair out of her eyes.

"Yeah just another corner then we're on my road."

"Okay"

Robin didn't know whether to slow down slightly for the last stretch, enjoy the time, or to speed up, get it over with.
She took the faster option.

After picking up a gradual faster pace, they arrived in Robin's driveway.
Stepping down, y/n grounded herself.
"Thanks" she said. After all, it did save her walking all that way.

"Don't mention it- let's get inside."

Y/n nodded and followed her friend to the front door, who tested its state. It was unlocked, so the two of them entered.

The house entered straight into the living room, leading through to the kitchen further back. It was quite nice actually, and the decoration was far better than Steve's.

"Dad! Mom! We're home!" Robin called, untying her converse.

"We're?" A feminine voice called back, assumably her mom.

"Um, yeah, I thought you knew" Robin said as her mom walked through from the kitchen. "I called dad earlier to make sure it was okay."

"Oh yeah my mistake, she did call I just forgot to tell you." A deeper voice sounded from the other room. As he walked through, he smiled. "You must be y/n?"

Y/n nodded and extended her hand for them both to shake. "Pleasure to meet you Sir... Mrs."

They each shook her hand and introduced themselves.
"I don't think I've seen you before..." Mrs Buckley stated. "Are you new in town?"

"Yeah, I moved here the other week from California."

"Oh, Cali!" Robin's Dad said, ecstatic. "Oh don't you just love it there? So many good memories"

He turned to his wife and they started remembering, slowly walking back into the kitchen.

"Well," Robin said as the two of them left the room. "They're my parents."

"I can see the resemblance." She smiled, and Robin scrunched her eyebrows.

"Anyways, wanna go to my room?"

"Sure"

The two of them walked through to the other side of the house where Robin's room sat. It was an average sized room, filled with stuff you would've expected- stray clothes tossed about the floor, nail varnishes, makeup, etc. A normal teenage room.

Back home, y/n's room was bare, having just moved in recently. It was a fresh start, a fresh canvas for her to decorate exactly how she pleased. Maybe she would invite Robin over when the initial storm had died down, who knows.

"So this is it..." Robin plonked herself down on her bed. "Boring, I know."

Y/n panned the room, taking note of all the little details- the record player which was next to a stack of classical vinyls, the mirror which was decorated with colourful little stickers, the row of different coloured converse at the foot of her bed.

"I don't think it's boring."

"Oh," Robin said, slightly taken aback. "Well, that's good then I guess."

"You think too badly of yourself, Miss Buckley."

Robin had never thought of that before. She just treated herself just like others did, like she was strange, standoffish.

"Do I? I've not really noticed."

"So," y/n sat on the bed next to her. "Heard any news on those missing kids?"

"Us band kids are usually the last to receive the town gossip, and I don't watch the news, but apparently Jonathan Byers' younger brother has been found in the quarry."

Y/n's throat caught slightly. "Oh."
Robin nodded. "Nothing on Barbara?"

"Not yet, although I'm convinced she's in a better place. Not that she's dead, but that she's run away. This place sucks."

"Well, let's think positive, at least."

"She's probably far gone by now, in a city or a countryside where she can live out her best life until she's old and frail, forgetting the fact that she ever lived in stupid old Hawkins at all."

"We can only hope."
Even though Y/n had never actually met Barb, she could tell that it hurt Robin just a bit more than it normally should. It's sad, yes, but she had a feeling that Robin had previously had something to do with Miss Holland, probably more than she was letting on.

"Did you know Barbara?"

"We have some history."

"Good history, or bad?"

"It was good at the time. We used to be friends, actually, quite close. Then she became friends with Nancy Wheeler, and I was thrown out of the picture completely."

"That sucks."

"Yeah." Robin grew quiet, and y/n felt the need to lighten the situation. "So, what kinda music do you listen to?"

Robin looked up at the sudden change. "Eh, I only really like classical- some new ones are alright but I like the familiarity of the oldies."

"Why don't you like the newer stuff?" Y/n stood, heading towards the record stack.

"Dunno, guess I just don't really want to turn into those people at school who obsess over the newest trends- not that it's a bad thing, but it makes you predictable. What sorta stuff do you listen to?"

"Sorry to break it to you, but the new stuff is pretty good. Bon Jovi, Madonna, the clash, stuff like that."

"I haven't actually listened to any of them yet."

"Oh my god, what're you doing with your life?" Y/n huffed jokingly, a grin on her face.

"Not a lot, actually" she replied.

"Well then Buckley, it's time to start living."