𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚- 𝘼 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

"Hey" Steve greeted her as she took her seat. She smiled awkwardly in return.
Well, that didn't go too great.
"Hey" she finally spoke.

"Ok you two, you can socialise once I've set you up on a task, but for now, could you return your attention towards the front of the class?"
Mr Clarke called, pulling some text books out of his desk.

"Happily." Y/n muttered under her breath. Steve pretended he didn't hear it.

"So, the task- we're going to be doing a fact file type poster on brain damage, so if you get yourselves in partners and grab a sheet of A3 paper, you may begin."

Many of the students unseated themselves, getting ready to head towards their already decided duo.

"Wait wait wait-" Mr Clarke laughed. "You're working with the person next to you today."

Y/n's jaw practically dropped in disgust. She didn't even want to take the risk that Steve Harrington might actually be a nice person. She knew the stereotype, and this was the one time she was sticking with it.

"So," Steve started rather smugly. "Looks like you're working with me then."

Y/n pursed her lips and looked towards the front table. Robin was paired with her friend... Milton ,was it? She couldn't quite remember.

Robin turned around and they made eye contact. The two girls knew exactly what the other was thinking.

Robin: Oh-
Y/n: yeahhhh.
Robin: I'm so sorry.
Y/n: it's not your fault.
Robin: well, good luck.
Y/n: thanks, I think I'll need it.

Robin's face was almost comical when she turned back around. This was it, she knew it. Y/n would replace her with Steve, she'd become the new Queen of Hawkins high and never even think of poor, band-nerd Robin Buckley again.

Y/n didn't seem keen now, but she knew that her new friend would soon change her mind.
I mean, it's Steve Harrington for god sake.
Any girl would be lucky to just be spoken to, let alone being partnered up in class with him for an hour.

Nancy Wheeler dropped off a piece of paper on Y/n and Steve's table for them, and took a seat on the other side of Steve with her partner Carol. She didn't look too thrilled about the placement, but didn't take it personally.

"So, you new around here?" Steve asked, pulling a pen out of his jean pocket.
"Yeah." Y/n replied, seemingly not wanting to join the conversation.
"Oh, that's awesome, yeah. Where're you from?"
"California."
"Nice, lots of beaches?"
"You guessed it."

Steve stopped the conversation, not really feeling the need for any more blunt replies. 
Damn, this girl really was hard to communicate with. Maybe that's why she got chatting with Buckley, as they both seem to hate socialising.

"You made any friends yet? If not you could tag along with us, you know. Get your status up and all."

"Yep."

"Wait- you have? You're calling that Buckley kid a friend? She's like two years younger than us."

"Yeah, I am. And if you've noticed, she's in the same class. I don't see you moving up on years."

Steve was taken aback.
"Don't 'cha think the band weirdos are a bit- you know- weird?"

"Nope. Most of them are smarter than you an' all so I don't think you can really comment on it."

Fair point.
Y/n really was a tough cookie to crack, but her looks made up for it. I mean look at her, she's stunning. Better than Nancy Wheeler could ever be. Not that Steve had noticed, of course, he had just over heard it in a conversation somewhere.... yep, a conversation.