Prologue

FELICITY LEE is a curious eighteen year old. An aspiring writer who wanted nothing more than to make a difference in her life. Growing up, Felicity never knew who her birth parents were. She was adopted at the age of two by a newly married couple. When she was five, she and her family welcomed her brother, Darian. A few months after Darian was born, her father was fired from his job while her mother had postpartum depression. Their only way to drown out their sorrow was alcohol.

WHACK!

Young Felicity felt a stinging pain in her cheek. Her mother had slapped her. The young girl's brown eyes filled with hot tears. "Go clean your damn room." Her mother scoffed. Felicity slightly nodded and stood up on the rug where she was smacked down. She stormed off into her room, slamming the door shut and her body sliding down. Her knees were pulled up to her chest as she buried her face in them, silently crying. This was the first time her mom hit her. Why did she change?

**

"Dad, stop!" Felicity snapped her head upwards from the book she was reading. She quickly threw her book to the bed as she raced down the stairs where she found her father beating her brother with his foot. The fifteen year old screamed, her dad turning his attention. "Go back up stairs Felicity." He said. "No." The moment she said that word, her father smacked her down to the floor.

The teenage girl wasn't having it. She kicked her father off of her, he didn't go down so easily. He quickly got up, punching his daughter square in the eye, his ring cutting through the skin. Blood trickled down the girl's eyebrow, her eye swollen from the hard punch her dad gave her. He crouched down and slapped his daughter again. In response, Felicity spat in his face and quickly rushed to her brother.

**

"Let me see it again Liss!" Darian was practically squealing from excitement. The eleven year old sat Indian style on his sister's bed as his older sister was standing right in front of him. Back turned to her brother, Felicity concentrated on the empty glass cup sitting on her dresser. She held out her right hand in front of her, her chocolate eyes now glowing white. It moved. "Holy crap.." The sixteen year old muttered. "That's so cool! You have superpowers!" Darian exclaimed as his sister chuckled. "Not a word to our parents." She responded, her brother nodded his head in agreement.

*****************************************************

LILITH CAMERON was a dream chaser. Ever since she was little, she had always wanted to be a singer. Her parents were famous actors, Briella and Davion Cameron. However, she was never as successful as her parents and sisters. Her older sister, Maggie, was studying to be a lawyer like her parents told her to while her younger sister, Ariella, was studying to become a nurse. Lilith's parents wanted her to be a teacher, however her response wasn't like her sisters.