vii. righteous man.

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

— ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ —

   WHEN DAD'S OFF TO WORK. When dad leaves marks the hour for Oakley to flee from her house as fast as her legs can carry her. Three out of five days of the week, Arthur tends to leave early in the morning just to come back late at night, granting all four kids the liberty to do absolutely anything they want all day, with only the soft woman that is their mom to limit their antics.

Beatrice sits in the living room, a glass of wine in her left hand and a magazine in the other. The glass doors to the dock stay open as Wheezie and Bug play out in the water, the younger boy splashing childishly as the girl sits with her legs dangling, her diary gripped in her hand.

Oakley makes herself a sandwich in the kitchen with Bali by her side when Rowan skips down the stairs, his car keys jingling in his hand.

"I'm going golfing with Rafe," he informs and Beatrice looks up, a small smile on her peach lips.

"Alright. Be safe,"

The boy places a small kiss on his mother's cheek and heads for Oakley, a mischievous smirk curving his lips as he places a kiss on her head, making her slap him away with a deadly glare.

"Don't you dare touch me again Rowan Clyde," she scolds, watching him walk away.

The boy laughs as he mockingly pouts at her, blowing a curt teasing kiss before leaving out the door. Oakley turns back around and grabs her sandwich and water bottle before walking to the counter next to the door, grabbing Bali's leash.

Her outfit consists of a high-neck white crop top, a pair of long brown shorts, her vans, a golden patterned bandanna, and her usual jewelry to finish off the look. She wears her platinum green bandeau bikini, one she is yet to display as it was a gift from her grandmother all the way from England. Nothing hard-worked, just simple and comfortable, like she always wears.

Grabbing the keys, the girl bites down onto her sandwich and grabs the doorknob only to be stopped, her hand instinctively grabbing the dog back by the collar.

"Where are you going?" Beatrice asks from the couch, icy blue eyes watching her closely.

"The Château," she replies dryly.

"You know what your father said, Cherry,"

The girl sighs in defeat and swivels around.

"Why are you standing against me now, mor? Please, just let me know better, you know I don't lack rational thinking like my sister-"

"Hey,"

"Okay, sorry. Please, I'll be back in one piece, just. . . please don't tell dad and I won't get in trouble," the girl pleads and the woman sighs.

Oakley's eyes fill with hope when Beatrice turns back to her magazine. A faint smile bursts on her lips and when her mother waves her away, it expands until it reaches her eyes.