twenty one - hey lover!

cross-posted on ao3 

Work was slow the entire day, Mori never called him into his office and he never got any messages from Gin so Ryu was sitting in his office, bored out of his mind.

And that's when he started drawing, two years ago when he first joined the Port Mafia.

You could say he's pretty good at it, he practiced quite a bit through the years.

Dazai even complimented one of them.

Nowadays he mostly draws Atsushi, he loves the way his hair curves around his face, and the way it's unevenly layered.

He admired the shape of his eyes and nose and how sharp but soft his jawline was.

But out of all the wonderful and beautiful things about him, Ryu's favorite was probably the color of his eyes. They didn't really represent anything, and they didn't look like one single thing. That's what he liked, they were unique.

Now he usually doesn't color his drawings but he specifically got a yellow and purple marker to color his eyes.

It took him a bit to get the blending down but once he did he literally didn't draw anything else, his sketchbook was filled with drawings of cats and Atsushi.

Now just because he draws him a lot doesn't mean that the man himself knows. Atsushi had never actually seen his sketchbook before because he keeps it at his office. He doesn't really know how he would react to seeing it either way.

Gin is the only person who has seen it, of course, they called him a total simp but can you blame them? Ryu has drawings of his boyfriend covering the pages of his sketchbooks.

Of course, since Gin knows they're sworn to secrecy if Dazai knew he would never shut up about it, and if Chuuya knew, well he'd never look at him the same way. It would just be awkward.

Another reason why Ryu decided to take up drawing besides to cure his boredom is that he loved to see the lead getting drawn and pressed on the page. Sometimes he would move his face really close to the paper and watch the pencil do its thing. In all honesty, it's relaxing.

But now work was done and he was at home.

"Hey darling," Ryu said as Atsushi twirled a piece of Ryu's longer hair in his fingers. Atsushi sighed contently and leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Hey, Ryu?"

Ryu hummed as an answer.

"Can you draw?"

"Yeah kinda"

"What do you draw?"

You, he almost said but luckily he still has some impulse control and instead went with, "Cats,"

word count: 438 <3