eight - poor grammar

"Akutagawa, what the heck??" Atsushi yelled, running towards his injured partner. Akutagawa had gotten hit in the chest by the enemy while taking them out.

He coughed violently and tried to stand but only fell over in pain.

Well, he was supposed to fall over but Atsushi caught him and pulled his body closer.

"God damn it, Ryuu, you scared me," Atsushi gasped.

"Sorry," Akutagawa whispered, still staring at Atsushi's lips.

Atsushi settled Akutagawa on his back and carried him toward the meetup point where they were supposed to meet back up. Akutagawa passed out on the way there, probably from exhaustion or pain.

Akutagawa slowly opened his eyes and gazed at the ceiling of what he thought was an infirmary. He sat up and looked around, Atsushi was sleeping in a chair next to him, he didn't look to be injured which was good. He looked down at himself and saw bandages covering his chest and shoulders.

"Ryuu!"

Akutagawa's gaze snapped to Atsushi who looked wide awake.

"Hey"

"What the heck?I wish you were more careful when fighting. You could've died!" Atsushi scolded, he sounded angry.

"Yea...but to prove-"

"-to prove yourself to Dazai I know, I know! He already accepted you!" Atsushi interrupted.

"Well if you would have let me finish...I want to prove myself to you,"

"...What?"

"I want to make you proud,"

Atsushi's eyes widened with confusion and surprise.

"Ryu, I'm already proud of you ok? I care about you, don't go getting yourself hurt to prove yourself, please?" Atsushi said, cupping Akutagawa's face in his hand, "Trust me, I'm so proud of you,"

Atsushi's voice was so soft and strong at the same time, it was one of the things that Akutagawa loved about Atsushi.

Unspoken words of 'I love you' drifted in the air as they closed the conversation with a kiss.

word count: 311