Rewrite The Stars IV

Baekhyun POV

'I want to do the duet with you'

I stood there shocked. I didn't know what to say. I was so surprised. She wanted to do the duet with me. I felt so happy and relieved that I couldn't hold my excitement in.

"Jinjja?" I asked.

"Well, what do you think?" She replied. I chuckled. She gave me a what-is-so-funny look. I just smiled. It felt like I was the happiest man ever in this world right now. Yes we are not together which would've made me the happiest man to have ever existed in the whole universe, but just being with her makes me happy and wholesome.

"Okay then let's go" i said. We went inside the house and sat down at the desk where the director was. He looked disappointed.

"Baekhyun, as Taeyeon does not what to do th-

"No! I do!" She says.

"I really want to do it. I changed my mind and rethought about it over and over again."

"Well, it's a bit too late." Manager replies.

"We actually had 2 people to collaborate with. It was either u or Suzy. You already said you didn't want to do it so we asked Suzy and she said yes. Taeyeon-ah we have figured out another duet with you. It's with Jonghyun. You two will be singing breath."

Taeyeon POV

Well as soon as I changed my mind, I just had to be singing a duet with my best friend. I'm not saying I don't want to it's just that I wanted to do this duet with Baekhyun. Yes he may be my ex but he's still the love of my life.

"But director nim-

"Im sorry Taeyeon. You should've said yes instead of overthinking about immature haters. I get that they will go crazy as you two just broke up 1 month ago but a breakup shouldn't effect ur work. Your already a grown adult Taeyeon. You need to start thinking about work instead of overthinking about what fan say. Who cares what fans have to say about you and Baekhyun. You both moved on by now."

I start to clench my fists. How dare he say that. He doesn't even know how it feels like to be hated on for dating or to be blamed on after a members leave. At that moment I was about to punch him but Baekhyun stops me. He looks at me and shakes his head to indicate not to do it. I sigh and put my fist down.

"Ne director-nim".

"Well Baekhyun it looks like you have somewhere else to go to now. I'm so sorry for Taeyeon's behaviour. We promise she won't be like this again. I'm sorry again' he bows.