18.

The sleeping figure laid in the bed, the moonlight filtering through the curtains, gently illuminating his skin.

In a moment, a silhouette stood beside the figure, keeping its distance as he tried not to draw attention to himself.

"In about 3 years you were assigned to me...you finally got a clue, but ignored it due to obvious sleep deprivation... I do not blame you, but I really want you to know me." The silhouette spoke softly. Perhaps he wished that the sleeping figure could hear them.

After a sad sigh, the silhouette slipped a small hint of a smile, adding an extra touch to the moment.

"Good night" and with that he disappeared.

Had he been careful enough, he might have noticed that the 'sleeping figure' was awake but too tired to keep his eyes open.

And of course, Jungwon knew the voice did not belong to Jaeyun or Sunghoon.

Jaeyun was met with arrogant stares the moment he stepped into the familiar building

Jaeyun was met with arrogant stares the moment he stepped into the familiar building. He couldn't quite figure out the reason behind them. Though he did not realize it at first, Jungwon patted his back and cut off his thoughts.

Oh yeah.

Jake vividly recalled being asked (by his boss) if he knew of a photographer who would be interested in applying for the job of a commercial photographer. In keeping with his belief that Jungwon would not miss this opportunity, he had immediately recommended his best friend.

After only one interview had Jungwon got the job. 

There is nothing the photographer appreciated more than finally having someone to count on at work. (Heeseung was also an effective ally, but no one could match Jungwon.)

"Hyung- You are drifting off again" Jungwon spoke, shaking him slightly.

Sunghoon recalled the mix of sadness and excitement he felt when he learned he had been assigned to Sim Jaeyun

There was sadness in leaving his best friend Park Jongseong, (unless they accidentally came across each other's way again in the human world)

Excited because, After having been dead for so long, he was very eager to return back to human world.

In contrast to most of his age group, Jaeyun was very into fantasy books when the demon first saw him, aged just 14. It wasn't uncommon for the human to stay up late at night reading one of his many novels that he probably rented from the Library. (Leaving Sunghoon with a lot of free time most nights.)

Jaeyun and Sunghoon grew together as years passed. Neither of them were an innocent child anymore; both were adults now. Much more mature. 

In short, whatever went down on that 'date' affected Sunghooon's heart so badly that he could not look at Jaeyun without feeling a flush on his cheek leading the demon to find himself recalling the vivid memories.

He, of course, was teased by Jaeyun countless times but he couldn't bother stressing too much over it. It was obvious that the date had affected Jaeyun as well.

 It was obvious that the date had affected Jaeyun as well

Authors Note - 

Please ignore the grammar mistakes and typos. Also, I am sorry for the lack of updates <3 I've just been more focused on one of my drafts and I have been lazy when it comes to this book. I'll try my best to update sooner. Btw I really hope ENHYPEN gets well soon :( I am so worried.

Comments and Votes are really appreciated!!