Chapter 43 - Don't Trust Beauties, Even if They're Dead

Start from the beginning

Wei Wuxian's eyes thinned. In the middle of the crowd of ghosts were Lan Zhan, Xie Lian, Hua Cheng, Shen Qingqiu, and Luo Binghe. They were hiding, waiting for their chance to strike.

"Then take him." Wei Wuxian threw "Ah-Sha" at Yi Ran.

The young woman caught the ghost, with her eyes brightening. She knew that this was definitely Ah-Sha! There was the same scent of the shrine... except, "Ah-Sha"'s arm feels more thin than usual...

All of a sudden, Yi Ran's ears perked up.

A flash of light turmoiled in the night, and a blade was thrown in the direction of "Ah-Sha"! Yi Ran instantaneously deflected it. The blade had fallen on the ground, with a soft ting resounding against the cobblestone.

"Who was that?" Yi Ran scowled.

The first person she looked at was Wei Wuxian, who threw his hands up in defeat. He carried no blades, only Suibian.

"You..." Yi Ran was still on vigilance.

It was then a heavy air began to thicken the atmosphere. There was the sound of footsteps and heels, clicking against the ground. Yi Ran turned around, seeing a familiar figure. Wei Wuxian recognized the figure... it was the female corpse who the twenty hunters were touching...! Then it turned out, this female corpse was never a carcass, but rather a ghost!

Doesn't this mean that this female ghost could have moved... and heard everything Ping Hai told them...

"Nu Wang?" Yi Ran was confused. "What are you doing?"

The female ghost reacted to her name. Nu Wang took out a second blade, pointing it at "Ah-Sha". "The person you're looking for is not alive."

Yi Ran was puzzled. It was then, she felt the person beside her moving...

Her eyes flashed a strange light.

She wanted to react, but then pain shot at her abdomen. Yi Ran flinched. A blade was stabbed at her stomach, with blood beginning to soak her robes. She then saw how "Ah-Sha" unveiled the cloak over his face. A familiar face was revealed, but that face didn't bring the young woman any single shred of happiness.

Instead, it felt like her heart was being seized. Floods of unhappiness and anger had washed over her, drowning her in a torrent of emotions.

"PING HAI!" Yi Ran yelled.

Ping Hai shuddered, then shoved the blade deeper into Yi Ran's stomach. However, it was like the young woman was entirely numb to the pain.

A maniacal smile was worn on her face, as Yi Ran leaned closer, with the blade sinking deeper into her flesh. "It turned out... you're a ghost." Yi Ran's amber eyes were bloodshot, and a spark of flame danced in her pupils, "You won't stop haunting me no matter what... alive or dead."

Ping Hai felt an unknown feeling wash over him.

He wanted to pull back, then, a strong pain made him tumble over. It was then he realized that Yi Ran had palmed him in the stomach, with his ghost robes catching on fire...

The blue fire engulfed him whole once again.

All of a sudden, the fire was put out. Wei Wuxian had run over, with the rest of the three couples. They had put out the fire, leaving Ping Hai unburnt. However, Yi Ran's force of palming him was powerful. Her palm had sent in currents of force, jumbling his insides. The young ghost had collapsed on the ground, spitting out a puddle of blood on the ground.

"You..." Shen Qingqiu worried.

Xie Lian had long ago set the black cat aside. The black cat had scurried off elsewhere, unwilling to get tangled in the middle of the fight.