I stayed on the back roads, avoiding as much traffic as I could before Bludhaven. The roads were dark and winding, threatening to send anyone off into the many trees lining the path; anyone that doesn’t know them like I do. I easily avoided them, but not the two people in the middle of the road walking towards Gotham. Now I didn’t hit them, they just took me by surprise. The girl seemed to have seen me before too long and pulled the guy off the road with her. She moved faster than anyone I’d seen before and kept her head down, long brown hair falling in her face. The guy’s red hair flew as I zoomed past them, looking bewilderedly at the girl next to him.

Wait.

I looked back and they’d disappeared. I made a quick U-turn and headed back into Gotham, my engine roaring. A smirk found its way onto my face.

I told you Bruce.

--- Kat’s POV---

I walked around and smiled at the kids running around on the playground despite the snow.

“Honey, we should be going if you want to make it to the game on time.” He called out to me, his voice soft like silk.

“I know that dear.” I laughed, shaking my head at him. “I’m the one who bought the tickets and did the math for the time change. We just have to get her from school okay?” I smiled, walking to the fence surrounding the little playground behind the neighborhood preschool. “Baby! Mom and Dad are here!” I called, our little girl running over to us. Her brown hair bounced on her shoulders, brown eyes smiling as wide as her lips. Her white coat kept her warm in the snow.

“Are we going to see the Tiggers Mommy?” Her voice tinkled up at us.

“Tigers baby, and yes we are.” I smiled, walking inside the gate to pick up my child.

“Yeah! Go Tigers!” She thrust her little mitten-clad fist in the air.

“That’s my girl.” I kissed the top of her head.

“Katrina, the plane leaves-“

“It leaves when I tell Bruce we’re ready to leave.” I chuckled.

“Uncle Bruce is coming too!” My little girl cheered.

“Uncle Bruce is coming too.” My loving husband answered, grabbing my hand. I turned to look at him, but the sun shone in my eyes.

“Kat, are you okay?” Jonathan asked me.

My eyes flashed open as I jumped to my feet. I quickly took in my surroundings; couches, kitchen, metal walls, doors, and a huge TV. Jonathan looked at me strangely, trying to figure something out. I looked down to see I was in yesterday’s jeans and t-shirt. Yesterday… I left the sewer… I’m on the surface. Hell. Yes.

“Oh my gosh,” I whispered, quickly running to my room; I hope it’s my room. “Hot water!” I yelled in excitement as I thrust open the door to my own room and then the bathroom, turning on the shower.

“Well, save some for the rest of Gotham.” Jonathan chuckled from the kitchen.

“I have been in the sewers for two months! I’ll take as long as I want to!” I grinned to myself, enjoying the steam fill up the tiny room. Looking around the two joining rooms, memories started to come back even more so. Glancing up at the ceiling, I could see the square panel that Ed used to get into my room. I had to shake my head to make that train of though crash, and burn, and explode, and die. As far as I could tell, nothing had changed so I went to my dresser to pull out clothes.