And just in time, an old-looking, grubby truck pulled up in front of the shop.

'Jung-ah!' an old man stepped out of the car, waving at his wife with a radiant beam. His beam was contagious since Yoongi unconsciously beamed too at the sight of the man jogging up to the woman and engulfing her into a hug. 

'And who's this young man?' he pulled away, eyeing Yoongi curiously.

'Sir, your wife was out here freezing in the cold, so I couldn't help but walk up to her. I volunteered to help you out with the flowers and to buy some too,' explained Yoongi. 

'Alright then, come on, young man!' the man gestured Yoongi to start moving the freshly-arrived flowers from the car. 'I am Shim Yunsoo by the way,' said Mr Shim.

'Pleased to meet you.' Yoongi bowed as he carried one of the heaviest pots, somehow managing to hide the fact that he was about to trip. 'I am Min Yoongi.'

'Happy to meet you too, Yoongi,' Mr Shim said and walked up to his wife, 'Darling, prepare his bouquet, please,' he whispered to her, ushering her to finally enter the warm shop.

About thirty minutes later, all the new flowers were inside the shop, the old couple reassuring Yoongi that they'd rearrange them by themselves. 'Thank you so much, young man. Will you tell me your name, please?'

'Of course, I already told Mr Shim. It's Yoongi. Min Yoongi,' he answered as he slipped the necessary amount to pay for the flowers out of his leather wallet.

'Here are your flowers, Yoongi.' Mrs Shim twinkled as she handed him the huge bouquet of roses. He bowed gratefully before making his way out of the shop.

To his unluck, after taking only a few steps away from the shop, he felt small drops falling all over his exposed hands and face. 

'Fuck,' he muttered, his steps gradually becoming slower until he finally stopped walking. 'Exactly what I need in this freezing weather.'

Yoongi studied the bright flowers. The tears of the rain looked like little crystals.

A dry chuckle left his crusty lips. There was a trashcan beside him, so he took a few steps forwards, holding the flowers just above the black plastic bag inside the dustbin.

He did feel bad for buying the flowers from such kind people and then throwing them away, but they'd be useless by the time he reached his house. 

'NO!' someone shouted, startling the hell out of Yoongi.

He glanced around but saw nobody, so he tilted his head upwards, brushing his soaked bangs out of his face.

A woman was leaning on the railing, her right hand stuck outwards as if reaching out for the roses. Yoongi's brows crashed against each other, looking at her quizically as he took in her figure.

Even from afar, Yoongi noticed her plump and extremely jazzy red lips. So red that if she held the roses, the two would've matched to a T. 

The woman had straight hair of an auburn tint that ran down her back all the way to her hips. She was thin, her leggings highlighting the shape of her legs as her tight half-zip jumper showed off the perfection of her upper body. 

She was dressed in black from head to toe. In that sense, although some people might have found her lips too extra, they were a spectacular addition. And right away Yoongi was reminded of his best friend.

An unknown feeling crept up into Yoongi's heart, one that he had never felt before.

In his chest, he could feel a sudden increase in the speed of his heartbeat. The rhythm and song had changed. This change was totally unforeseen and too intense for the young bloke.