35

Diamond Blake
.
.
.
.
.
.

I heard a slight mumbling from outside the room the cops had put me in. I already told them my side of the story, and judging from how royally fucked up I looked, I could tell that they believed me, to an extent.

The same 3 phrases kept repeating in my head...

'i didn't kill her, i didn't mean to, i killed her'

Each one more horrifying than the last. I couldn't believe or except what I had done. I wasn't allowed to see my friends, to go home, or to call anyone. Before I knew it, it was about 3am and I was left in a room with an occasional cop or two moving me to another room. I had seen the same cop and detective three times and each time, my story stayed the same. I became more reluctant to answer the same questions and I started asking more questions of my own. They told me about Kuvira and that she was safe with my father, but they didn't tell me if my friends were even still there or not.

I was left sitting in a room until a woman came in and got rid of my handcuffs. She told me that I could leave and gave me all of my stuff back. I was escorted out to the waiting area where Jah and my father were seated. Jah was holding Kuvira as she slept and my father was laughing and talking to Jah. I started to trail past them, a bit. Jah softly handed Kuvira over to my dad and grabbed my arm before I could leave without them.

Once we got outside, Jah began to ask questions about Kuvira and where she would be staying, especially since we wouldn't be out here forever.

"I'll take care of Kuvira for a week until y'all get your situation together. After that, this baby is coming back wether you like it or not" My Dad said.

I stared blankly at the ground as my father took one arm, grabbed the back of my head, and pulled me in to kiss my forehead. I raised the corners of my lips into a crooked smile as my father got into his car and drove away with Kuvira.

Jah instantly called Trippie and told him to meet us at a McDonald's that they drove past on the way here. We started to walk in silence as the night went on.

"Diamond. I know you didn't mean to do it-" He tried to console me.

"just shut up about it..." I sighed.

Jah tried to hold my hand, and I pulled mine away in a hurry as he sighed and we continued to walk. Once we got to the McDonalds, Trippie was already there. We stared at him as he pulled around and unlocked the doors. Jah got in the front and I got in the back as Pearl sat there too. Pearl tried to hold my hand but I smacked it away, thoroughly disappointed by everyone and everything around me.

A Few Days Later

I was sleeping on the couch, again. I was honestly just ready to go back home. This shit was too much. Ally had been texting me nonstop asking me if I was okay, but I could never give her a straight answer. I'd always leave her on read or just dance around the question. It came to a point where Ally actually started calling Pearl and asking. Meanwhile, Jah and I hadn't done anything together in a few days. I didn't want to see him, but we had to talk about it eventually. I had been avoiding him and sleeping downstairs just to delay myself.

I felt someone at my feet, starting to tickle them. I got startled and kicked them back. I looked over and saw that it's Stokeley, who was used to my bitchiness, but not really my violence (even though I've been in a few fights in front of him).