We sped though different corridors, up three flights of stairs, almost ran into Snape, until we finally made it to the charms classroom. I quickly bursted through the classroom door, closely followed behind by Draco, accidentally interrupting Professor Flitwick mid sentence.

'Sorry we are late, Professor.' I said sincerely, hoping he wouldn't get mad. Draco just leant lazily against the wall behind me, not apologising.

'Well, I guess since it's your first time ever being late I will give you a warning. But remember Miss Summers and Mr. Malfoy, the next time you two are late to my class because of your lovey-dovey caused shenanigans, I won't be so lenient.' Flitwick replied sternly. I felt my whole face flush bright red with embarrassment. Draco let out a snigger behind me, but when I turned around to glare at him I saw that his cheeks were slightly pink as well.

'No sir, Draco and I weren't doing anything like... That. Trust me.' I protested causing the Gryffindors and the Slytherins already seated to laugh, which made me go even more red.

'Just take a seat you two.' Professor Flitwick instructed. I nodded before quickly rushing through the nearly arranged desks that seated two and sitting in the empty seat beside Hermione. Draco took his time walking to the empty seat next to one of his Slytherin friends, Blaise Zambini.

'Why were you with him?' Hermione asked me, shocked. I got my quill and charms book out of my bag before answering her.

'I don't know exactly, he was being a prat.' I whispered back to her, trying to be careful that Flitwick didn't catch us talking. Hermione went back to writing notes but she didn't seem too happy with my answer.

I looked across the isle at Harry who was sitting with Ron. He smiled sheepishly at me, which I figured meant he was sorry for snapping at me before. I smiled back at him to let him know I wasn't mad at him.

'Malfoy?' Harry mouthed at me. I rolled my eyes, already feeling sick about having to talk about Draco.

'I'll explain later.' I mouthed back. Harry sent me a confused look. I tried mouthing it again more slowly, and again he sent me a confused look. I never was good at mouthing words.

I quietly ripped out a page in my charms book (which caused me to get a disapproving look from Hermione), dipped my quill in the ink I was sharing with Hermione and quickly scrawled on the parchment.

'I will explain later.' I wrote. I tried to quietly scrunch up the piece of parchment before throwing it to Harry. Luckily, Flitwick didn't see. Harry unscrunched the parchment and read it, while Ron read it over Harry's shoulder. They both nodded at me before going back to their work.

During Charms class, Professor Flitwick taught us the cheering charm.

Mostly everyone got the hang of the spell fairly quickly, and because of this, Flitwick agreed to let the class play games for the majority of the lesson.

I closed my charms book and fiddled with my quill as I organised my plan.

This year, I decided, I would prove Sirius innocent and stop Pettigew from escaping.

'So, what happened between you and Malfoy?' Harry asked, startling me from my thinking. He and Ron were standing in from of the table where I was sitting with Hermione. She also seemed eager to find out.

So I explained to them what happened except without the part where I swore. Which technically isn't lying. I'm just not telling the full truth.

'Well, now that that's sorted. Do you think Professor Flitwick would use a summoning charm to find Scabbers?' Ron asked, absentmindedly patting his empty pocket. I resisted the urge to correct him about his "rat".

'I told you that I've already done it for you, Ron.' Hermione protested.

'And?' Ron asked sharply.

'And, it, um didn't work.' Hermione admitted embarrassingly.

I wonder why. Note the sarcasm, again.

'Exactly.' Ron snapped.

'I did the spell right!' Hermione protested, throwing her arms in the air in frustration.

'Then why didn't it work?' Ron asked angrily. Both Hermione and Ron looked as if steam were coming out of there ears. However, this seemed the perfect time to start my plan.

'Well, what if your rat isn't actually a rat?' I asked. In return I got three very confused looks.

'What do you mean? Of course Scabbers is a rat! He's been in my family for 12 years!' Ron defended. His hands were clenched into fists, however he looked more confused than angry.

'That's what got me thinking though. You mentioned Scabbers is a non-magic rat, right?' I asked already knowing the answer. Ron slowly nodded his head.

'And,' I continued speaking.
'12 years is an abnormally long life span for your average rat. It would also explain why the summoning charm hasn't been working.' I explained further.

'This seems plausible.' Hermione agreed, nodding slowly.

There was an eerie silence as what I had said sunk in. During so, Flitwick dismissed the class and we all filed out.

'Then what is Scabbers if he's not a rat?' Harry asked confused.

'I don't know.' I lied. I looked at Hermione praying that she would find the connection between Scabbers and animagus'. However, she didn't.

'I'll have a look in the library, and see if I come across anything that could help.' She offered as we walked down one of Hogwart's hallways.

'I don't understand how this could happen, he's just Scabbers!' Ron protested. Hurt and betrayal etched across his features.

'It's a lot to process, Ron. Don't do your head in about it though.' I patted his back softly, hoping to cheer him up. He mustered up a grin in return although it looked more like a grimace.

'Hey,' Seamus greeted us as he and Dean caught up.
'Hey.' We all chorused.

'You ready to go Brooke?' Seamus asked. For a split second I was confused before remembering my meeting with Dumbledore about the deathly hollows sign on my wrist.

'Do we have to?' I groaned causing Seamus to chuckle.

'Have to what?' Harry asked, before he and Ron stepped to the side to allow some first years to run past.

'Talk to Dumbledore about the-,' Seamus lowered his voice to a whisper. '-mark.'

'Yes. You have to go Brooke!' Hermione interrupted.
'It could be dangerous and we don't want you to get hurt!' She justified. Harry and Seamus nodded in agreement.

'Or it could be like some really cool source of power!' Ron added in.

'Ron, we are literally wizards. You have powers. I have powers. We all have powers.' Hermione interrupted. Harry, Seamus and I all laughed at this causing Ron's ears to go red.

'No, Hermione.' He defended. 'I mean unusual powers. Like, how Harry can talk to snakes because of his scar.' Ron justified.

'Dude...' Harry said, shaking his head. Ron just shrugged in return.

'Or like Spider-Man or The Great Hulk!' Dean added in.

'I highly doubt I'll start to turn into a green monster each time I get angry.' I replied laughing.

'You're right. Brooke already does that without the mark. Trust me, when she gets angry at Malfoy. She gets angry.' Harry said causing the group to laugh.

'Whatever.' I said trying not to smile.

'Well, this has been fun.' Seamus interjected, while looking up from his watch. 'But we need to get going.'

'Bye, guys.' I waved, before following Seamus to Dumbledore's office where I would have to tell him about the Deathly Hallows mark on my wrist.