Charm's class

'That's my name.' Draco said sarcastically, as he slowly strolled forward to the middle of the room where I was standing. I crossed my arms, feeling exasperated.

'Why were you eavesdropping, Draco?' I asked not bothering to keep the bitterness out of my tone.

'You called me Draco.' Draco said, avoiding my question. The smirk was gone and he looked genuinely confused.

'Don't avoid my question. Why were you eavesdropping?' I asked more forcefully this time. Draco came to a stop right in front of me.

'You called me Draco. Twice, just now. Why?' Draco asked, his tone confused. No hint of sarcasm or snide tone.

'Thats correct.' I said shortly, crossing my arms over my chest. Draco stepped forward again. I could feel his hot breath on my face. He was too close for my liking and I would've stepped back but I didn't want it to look like he had 'won' whatever this is.

'Why.' He said again, more forcefully. I dropped my arms to my side and stepped back while sighing.

'Because, that's your name. And I don't want to call you by your last name, because your family doesn't define who you are.' I admitted with a soft tone, trying to look Draco in the eye but he avoided eye contact. I could see his face heat up and I think he could tell he was going red too because Draco then dropped his head and started looking at his feet as if they were the most interesting things in the world.

Neither of us talked for a couple of a minutes, instead we both stood there in silence in the empty classroom.

'So, why did you eavesdrop?' I asked again, pressing for the information. Draco looked up from his feet, the redness gone from his face.

'I wasn't eavesdropping.' Draco replied tauntingly, a smirk on his face again. Ugh, I hated that smirk.

'I think hiding in the shadows and only showing yourself after the conversation had finished, counts as eavesdropping.' I debated.

'I wasn't eavesdropping, I was just...' Draco stopped abruptly.

'What?' I asked harshly.

'Leaving the classroom when I overheard you and Harry's interesting conversation and I thought I'd stay and listen to the rest.' Draco finished, his signature smirk still in place. Oh, what I'd do to slap that smirk right off his face.

'See you were eavesdropping!' I accused, pointing my finger in his face. Draco just smirked again, confirming it.

'You arrogant prick!' I said exasperated while throwing my hands in the air. I noticed something flicker in his eyes but it was gone as soon as it came that I started to doubt I actually saw something.

'I try.' Draco said arrogantly. 'Anyways, I loved our little chat here but I think I might start getting to class.' He continued. Suddenly, I was snapped out of my thoughts only to realise that we were in fact very late for class. And, I couldn't be late for class, I have a mission I have to complete. A very important mission and certain Slytherins shouldn't be distracting me.

'Shit!' I exclaimed, before covering my mouth after realising I swore. 'I have to go!' I continued before rushing out the door while praying to God, Draco hadn't heard my slip up. Unfortunately, Draco's long strides were able to keep up to my short fast ones.

'Did you just swear?' Draco asked, looking amused as we rushed to class.

'No! I said shoot. Shoot, shoot shoot.' I lied before making my legs go faster, unfortunately Draco matched my pace.

'Yes, you did. I heard you. I guess you are not as golden and pure as you make yourself out to be.' Draco said tauntingly, still looking amused.

'Shut up, Daco.' I said through gritted teeth before continuing to rush to class. Thankfully, Draco remained silent for the rest of the journey.