28

Billie POV:

As y/n and I enter the venue she's stopped by Mr. Valiant. So I make my way towards the bar. I'm in desperate need of a drink her mom knows. I don't think my nerves can handle this. As I'm sipping my champagne a girl in a black dress takes a seat in the stool next to me. "Hi I'm jasmine" she extends a hand out to me "Billie" I accept. "So Billie, are you here alone?" "No I'm not actually"

I stay there talking to jasmine for a while until she starts to get a little more comfortable. A little too comfy she runs her leg up my thigh. I freeze, y/n appears so I call her over but she completely ignores me. She orders a vodka lemonade which I know is her go to drink when she's upset.
Shit.
"Y/n?" Nothing.
She pays for her drink and leaves not even sparing me a glance. I follow after her "y/n! Wait!" I'm trying to keep up with her fast pace. "Y/n? Y/n is that you?" A voice calls out to which y/n stops right in her tracks.
What the hell?
She turns to find the voice "Vee?"
Vee? Who is Vee?
This 'Vee' girl grabs y/n's free hand the other she cups her cheek. "The one and only" y/n laughs "oh my gosh it's been so long!" "Yah twelve years to be exact" "how are you how have you been?" I watch as y/n drags her over to a free table. They sit in front of each other knees touching holding hands. "Tell me everything" I hear y/n say.

Who the hell is Vee? Why did y/n stop when she called her name? How do they know each other? And why is y/n ignoring me?!

I walk back over to the bar and order a scotch this time. Once I finish it I walk back over to
y/n's table I place my hands possessively on her shoulders making her jump a little. "Billie I have someone I want you to meet!" I watch as this Vee girl stands.

She's a beautiful woman. Long brown hair, big grey eyes, full lips, high cheekbones, tall slim, fit body.

Y/n stood between us "Billie this is Veronica Valiant, Veronica this is Billie Dean Howard" I shake Veronicas hand. "Billie Dean Howard as in medium to the stars?" Veronica asks "yes that's me, Valiant I'm guessing your related to Mr. Valiant?" Veronica and Y/n chuckle "Yes he's my father"
Father? So she's rich too great I'll add that to the pile.

"Please Billie join us" Veronica suggests "yes please bil" y/n begs. I smile and grab her chin "you know I can't deny this little face" I place a kiss to her cheek and take a seat beside y/n. "So Veronica how do you know y/n?" Veronica and y/n share a glance before she answers.

"Well we met when we were about 6 or 7 when her mother joined my dads company. Growing up I was never able to make friends due to my anxiety and other things. My father was in the beginning stages of starting up multiple tech companies. So having a normal childhood was out of the question. There was a party thrown at one of my fathers condos. It was a..." she looks over at y/n who answers "Hawaiian themed kid friendly party for the employees" Veronica smiles and continues "thank you, my father threw that party in hopes of me making a friend. And well as fate would have it, I was having an anxiety attack due to all of the people in my home. That is until y/n appeared and calmed me down. She took me by the hands and led me outside to play. I had no idea what to do but y/n made me feel like a normal kid."

Veronica reaches for y/n's hands and holds them tightly. "Every since that day we were inseparable. I would go with them on every family vacation." Y/n explains to
Me "It had gotten to the point where y/n had well still has her own room in my childhood home." Veronica finishes "wow I guess I really wasn't around for majority of your childhood huh y/n?" Veronica looks confused but just takes a sip of her drink. Y/n releases veronicas hands and takes mine. "Billie you were still a major part of my life as well you just had a career and we're unable to be with me 24/7"

I nod my head slowly y/n smiles and kisses my hand. "WAIT. Y/n this is the Billie?" I'm confused what does she mean by 'the' Billie?
Y/n gasps and cover her mouth "oh my gosh Vee! Yes I totally forgot about that!" Great now I'm even more confused. "Well Vee it happened" Veronicas eyes widen and she gasps "no way." Y/n nods and looks up at me with the most adorable look ever. A look of admiration and love.

"I'm so lost" I admit y/n and Veronica laugh "Bil remember I told you I've loved you since high school?" "Yes" "well it's been longer than that. Well not love but I've always had a crush on you. I would ramble on about it to Veronica." Veronica raises her glass and nods. I slowly begin to comprehend "ohhh" "yes she would constantly tell me about you. She would even call me after I moved to Europe to ramble about you." My heart swells I place a hand on y/n's thigh and squeeze it.

We stay talking with Veronica until y/n's mom comes up on stage. "Good evening everyone. I would like to just say thank you to the Valiants for this wonderful party and amazing opportunity. Victor I have been working for your company a little over two decades. I say work like every time I step into the building it doesn't feel like a family members house. You have created a space where everyone feels welcomed and loved. You truly care for your employees and I'm so grateful that you chose me to run the company that you and I along side each other have built into a multi- million dollar franchise. So, Victor thank you and I can't wait to go to work on Monday."

The crowd cheers and y/n's mother starts making her rounds to every table. Once she reaches ours she sees Veronica. "Oh my gosh Veronica Valiant is that you?!"