Sea salt, pasta, and cake.

Start from the beginning

"Spiulia is back! Along with number two." Ercole appeared, grinning and cocky much to the dismay of Luca and Giulia. He wore the same clothes- aside from his ruined wool article.

"Step aside, Ercole." Giulia said, "We're going home."

Ercole laughed but Giulia and Luca managed to pass him without much further harrassment.

"I know your secret, Luca!" Ercole called after him.

"Secret?" Luca looked at Giulia as they continued walking, "What secret?"

"Probably about you being with Alberto. Ercole isn't exactly the most accepting guy if you can remember what I told you about Athena."

"Right..." Luca replied, nodding slowly. But how did Ercole know about their relationship? Luca knew Alberto wasn't really one to keep things to himself. He was very proud- something Luca admired and wished he could have more of.

Luca gushed a bit to himself about Alberto professing his love to him openly. His cheeks reddened at the thought of Alberto talking about him with other people.

"Are you alright, Luca?" Giulia asked, noticing the amount of color in Luca's face. "Portorosso is a bit more hilly than Genova. We can rest if you want."

"No, no no." The sooner he got to see Alberto, the better.

"Oh~" Giulia grinned, "Guess you're wondering how you're going to greet Alberto, huh?"

"Yeah," Luca replied with a sigh, "Is it weird that I miss seeing his eyes?"

"Alberto does have nice eyes." Giulia agreed with a shrug.

"Sometimes, I just dream about drowning in them. Drowning in green grass and just-"

"Why don't you save your poetic verses for Alberto." Giulia laughed nervously, getting a little weirded out.

They reached Giulia's house and the red head pushed the outer gate open.

"Huh, I don't hear anything." Luca said, shuffling behind her.

"I can't believe they forgot about us." Giulia said, a bit annoyed.

Giulia opened the door and flicked on the lights-

"Surprise!" Everyone was there.

"Giulia, how do I look?" Luca whispered harshly to her.

If Giulia replied, he didn't know. His eyes were now focused on the bright grassy eyes across the room. The eyes that reminded him of the hills- of being free.

As Giulia's father and Luca's family greeted her, discussing a school and concern about grades, the two boys never took their eyes off each other. Both hesitating to be the one to move forward first. Both wondering what would be an appropriate greeting to give someone you haven't seen in so long. Any movement was stopped- breathing, simple little things. As if those little things could cause the other to just dissappear.

Alberto finally took a step forward. Luca smiled and also took one. Their slow steps turned into a short sprint and they latched onto one another.

Luca couldn't breathe- he couldn't speak- The smell of Alberto was amazing. It was overwhelming how wonderful it was hold him. Alberto smelled like sea salt and delicious pasta. Then Luca's stomach growled and he stepped back, rubbing the back of his neck apologetically as he killed the mood.

"We made food!" Massimo exclaimed, bringing out the pasta.

Luca's grandma cheered, "Give me a good helping. This one," She pinched her daughters cheek, "Won't even let me get sea cucumbers anymore."