New Lovers, Old Lovers

"Giulia? Giulia!?" Andrea called after her, trying to grab her arm.

"Andrea, I am not interested!" Giulia said,

"Oh come on! Ever since I got back from my suspension, everyone has treated me horribly! It's not like I was the only one who ever dunked someone's head in a toilet."

"And?" Giulia turned toward him, angry. "You were cruel to my friend. You haven't even tried to apologize. And even if you did, I'm just not interested in being your girl or your friend anymore."

"Giulia-"

"Leave me alone. I mean it." Giulia pointed one finger threatening at him before stomping off.

A few seconds later, Luca appeared by her side and asked her why she was upset. Andrea clenched his fist.

"I was still your first, Giulia!" Andrea called,

"What is he talking about?" Luca asked,

"Nothing at all. It meant," She turned back toward Andrea, not daring to look him in the face "Nothing at all."

She turned back around and grabbed Luca's hand.

"Let's go." She muttered, "I don't want him to see me cry."

"Giulia-"

"I'm fine, okay?!"

Luca stayed quiet, but began getting an uneasy feeling. Giulia- when she was with Andrea- was extremely head over heels for him. So Luca would understand if Giulia was a bit angry with him, but this was different.

Sometimes when Luca and Giulia were at their lockers, Andrea would swing by and whistle. Luca did not really understand why Andrea did it- at first he thought it was some kind of greeting- but Giulia was uncomfortable.

So why isn't she saying anything?

"Giulia," Luca tried to keep up with her fast pace as they breezed past other classmates. Giulia glided through but Luca was a stumbling mess, often bumping into others, apologizing afterwards.

"Giulia, you never told me."

"Told you what?" Giulia finally stopped, her eyes focused.

"About how or when you two broke up."

Giulia rolled her eyes at that.

"I mean- look I know he is a jerk-"

"Are you trying to defend your bully?"

"No! I just want to know." Luca grabbed Giulia's hand, something he tried to only reserve for serious situations.

Giulia shook her head, "I can't say- not here. Too many people."

"Did he bully you too?" Luca asked, "Did he say he would do something bad after you two broke up?"

Giulia shook her head and continued walking, speeding up her pace.

"Hey, Giulia!"

Giulia and Luca turned to see Athena- Ercole's cousin. She stood with her small group, blocking the sidewalk.

Giulia shyed away, stepping off the sidewalk and onto the main road to avoid them.

"Don't think you can just ignore me."

Please just say something.

Luca took a deep breathe and stepped inbetween Giulia and the group of girls.

"Come on, guys. Let's handle this another day. We can be rude some other time."

"So says the snitch." Athena cackled her girls following suit. "Let me tell you something, Luca."