12. S2 backstory

Yoon hee entered her empty home. What's the use of calling that house a home anymore when her real home wasn't there, accompanying her.

She walked around the house with hard feelings. Everything reminded her of her daughter. 'You promised me my daughter, to become a famous prima donna in Korea.. so why did you leave me so soon like this Ro Na yah..'

Yoon-hee moved to the white door. She entered the pink room and took one of the photo frame from the table. She stood there, studying her beautiful daughter in the picture. Ro Na was wearing a pure white blouse and baggy jeans. It was raining at that time in US. Ro Na didn't look at the camera. The mood was empty just like Yoon-hee's feelings at the moment. Ro Na was angelic in the photo. Tears started to form at the corner of the woman eyes.

-

"Look here my beautiful daughter." Yoon-hee tried to cheer up her daughter's mood but failed. She doesn't know what's on her mind.

"Eomma, can you sit here with me?" Yoon-hee walked to the seat beside Ro Na and placed her hand inside Ro Na's small palm.

"What's wrong Ro Na yah? You don't seem to like it here." Ro Na looked up to meet her mother's eyes. She looked relieved. She shook her head slightly and formed a smile across her lips.

"I like it here eomma, I like being with you." Ro Na tightened her grips on Yoon-hee fingers. Yoon-hee looked at her daughter with concern. She felt a bit worried after they left Korea, she wanted a new life for her daughter. She planned to leave her daughter in US to get a revenge back for Su Ryeon. But the sight of her delicate daughter infront of her broke her heart.

"I've missed you eomma. Everyday I thought of you, I was afraid tha... that you might leave me forever.. I'm scared eomma..." Tears fell down Ro Na soft cheeks. Heat was taking over her breath as she sobbed between her words. "Ro Na yah.. don't say that.. I'm sorry that I left you all alone in Korea.. Eomma is here now, I won't leave you again.. I promise.." Yoon-hee pulled her daughter into her arms, she made a promise that she couldn't fulfill to assure her. She knew that her daughter had suffered so much in the previous months, she hated herself for not being there for Ro na the whole time. With the lost of Shim Su ryeon, she could barely pull herself together. The mother and daughter cried in each other's arms. They didn't want to forget the warm embrace of their loved one. It's been a long time since they last saw each other. It's been painful.

After while Ro Na pulled away, "Eomma, I promise you that I'll be the most known person in the world. I will be the famous prima donna and proudly tell the world of how grateful am I for having you in my life." Ro Na meant every words that she said and wiped off the tears from Yoon-hee cheeks. She smiled brightly to her mother. That smile is the sweetest smile yet Yoon-hee ever seen. She will never forget of that smile not even when she died. "That's a promise Ro Na yah." Yoon-hee cupped her daughter's cheek and rubbed it softly with her thumb.

-

The warmth of Ro Na cheek against her skin was still there, Yoon-hee could still feel it.

She hugged the frame tightly between her chest as her tears fell down to the floor. She walked to the bed and took one of the pillow before she buried her head into it. Ro Na scent never washed off from the room. "Why do you leave me?!" She screamed in silence on the bed. Yoon-hee looked at the frame once again before she fell to the bed. Facing the empty ceiling. Tired.

'No matter how big your mistake is, I'll never hate you.' 'I like seeing you smile Yoon-hee ssi.' 'It may have started like that, but my heart really went out for you.'

I know I don't have the right to say this.

I miss you eonnie.

I loved you and I still do.

Can I do this eonnie?

I need your help Su Ryeon eonnie...