six.

{same outfit as last chapter}

intruding questions

~~~~~

"Who were those two boys from earlier?" Hope asked, curious as to why those two boys were so angry. But she also just plainly wondered who they were, as did the rest of the family.

"Those were my two eldest sons. They're twins. The older one is Maverick and the younger one is Ryder." Anastasia answered the question.

So far the questions seemed harmless enough.

But after hearing her brother's names, Ivy jumped off of her mom's lap and ran out of the room, making Anastasia shake her head with a fond smile. "Make sure your brothers aren't causing any trouble!!" Anastasia called after her daughter, knowing that she was going towards her older brothers.

"Are you a vampire?" Davina then asked, having felt the mass amounts of dark energy coming off her, but what confused her was the light energy that seemed to be surrounding the darkness.

"Something like that." Anastasia responded with a smile, saying the same thing she told Freya, making Kol and Ric snicker because they knew the truth.

"How many kids do you have?" Hope asked.

Another innocent question.

Thank her Grandfather.

"I have seven in total." Anastasia responded to the girl, making everyone besides Hope, Kol, and Alaric gape at her. 

When on earth did she have so many kids? 

"I have three sets of twins and then another kid that you guys just saw."

Hearing her response, Klaus scowled. He was once again riddled with jealousy, practically bursting at the seams.

"Ages?" Elijah asked, curious and always wanting to know the basic knowledge of things and people.

Not so harmless of a question.

Anastasia refrained from rolling her eyes at her past best friend. The best friend that left her without even saying goodbye before he left for New Orleans, following after his brother like a lost puppy. "Maverick and Ryder, my oldest, are 19 years old. Then there is Athena and Astrid, who you met, who are 16 years old, almost 17. The last set of twins, Josie and Lizzie, are 15 years old. Lastly, my youngest, Ivy, who was just here, is almost 7 years old."

"You moved on fast." Klaus muttered, not being able to stop himself.

Anastasia was turned around putting the paperwork in the file it needed to go in when she heard this. "At least I was faithful." She mumbled, knowing damn well they could hear her, making Kol snort and Alaric stifle his laughter.