four.

{outfit is the same as last chapter}

messy reunion

~~~~~

"Well, fuck me." Anastasia said, looking over at Ric, who mirrored her shocked expression, but still held hints of amusement at her reaction.

"We both know someone who'd love to." Ric retorted, jokingly, hoping to lighten the mood for his best friend.

He had been there to see her unravel in mass amounts of sorrow and crying. He had been there trying to console her, telling her that everything would be alright and that she would be alright eventually. He had been there for her throughout the pregnancy that Klaus should've been there for. 

He had been there for everything.

And that was why he was her best friend-- practically her brother.

"Well, he's not here right now, is he?" Anastasia said back, just as quickly.

Alaric snorted at what she said about her husband, before the two of them continued walking towards the family that shattered Anastasia and left her in broken pieces.

Not paying attention to the rest of the family that was waiting there, Alaric and Anastasia made their way towards the younger girl, who looked to be about the same age as her twins, but a little younger.

"Hi! You must be Hope. I'm Anastasia Morningstar, the headmistress of the school. And this is Alaric Saltzman, the headmaster of the school. It's nice to meet you." Anastasia greeted the girl kindly, shocking the majority of the Mikaelson family.

"It's nice to meet you too," Hope said with a smile, before she paused, "Morningstar? As in the Devil?" She questioned, finding it cool that her last name was that name. She had never heard of someone like that before and couldn't help but be in awe.

Anastasia laughed, while cracking a genuine and happy smile of amusement, "Precisely."

The Mikaelson Family slightly laughed at her words like she had just cracked the best joke in all of history. Little did they know that she wasn't joking.

She was deadly serious.

"So let's-" Anastasia began to say, but was interrupted by the sound of someone honking a car horn, like they had put all their weight on it. The obnoxious train horn sounding noise blared throughout the outside of the school, causing the older vampires to wince at the sound.

Looking over to where the noise came from, everyone saw two gingers standing on the bed of a large black monster truck. One of them was holding up her hands in peace signs, which was Athena, while the other had a contagious smile as she was laughing, which was Astrid.