He would have waited.

Because you deserved that.

Not some stupid drunk hookup on the beach.

It's true, that night had meant nothing to him. Not then, at least. Y/n was just another pretty girl, and it was his challenge. His challenge to get her to fall on her knees before him. And then he could kick her to the curb like every girl before.

It was his game.

He needed something to drown out all of his emotions. He needed a face to put on. A face that wasn't his.

Eren had given up on people a long time ago. At one point or another, everyone left.

It was easier to rein people in, and then drop them before they could do the same. Eren took a sort of pleasure in this. In finally being able to have the upper hand, after so many instances of being abandoned.

It was his game.

So why was Y/n making it so hard to play?

"Don't really know where we're going. I was just planning on walking around." Eren shrugged his shoulders as he fell back into step at your side.

You looked at him expectantly, hands in the pockets of the new hoodie you had changed into before you left.

"And I wanted some company, I guess", he added, mimicking your posture by also concealing his hands within his pockets.

"And you chose me?"

He wanted to say that he didn't have anyone else. Not really. Most of the guys that he hung out with only did so because of his status. Because of how many girls he'd managed to fuck. Eren wasn't stupid, he knew that.

But mostly, he wanted to tell you yes. That when he needed to get away, for some reason, his brain immediately thought of you.

"You annoy me the least." The sly smile that crossed his lips hinted at his true thoughts.

You weren't oblivious either. You knew something was up. People don't just randomly walk around at 4 in the morning.

You'd had a long day, but you pushed your tiredness aside. As long as you got a small nap in before tomorrow afternoon, you would be fine.

I'd hate to fall asleep in Professor Ackerman's class.

Grabbing the sleeve of Eren's sweatshirt, you tugged the boy along.

"Come on! I've got an idea!"

Finding a place to pick up food was hard. You and Eren couldn't agree on any fast food places near campus. Wandering the empty streets, however, was a blast. You and Eren raced down the empty roads, swinging around light poles, and ding-dong-ditching a few apartment complexes.

The two of you had wandered towards the outskirts of town before you agreed on a place to get food.

After picking up the bags from an employee who looked absolutely exhausted, you and Eren continued on your way.

Pulling a french fry out of the bags, you turned to the boy. "Hey, do you know a good place to watch the sunrise around here?"

He swiped the fry out of your hand, quickly popping it into his own mouth. "Yeah, I used to live around this part of town. It's where I grew up."

The next chance you got, you stole a fry from Eren's fingers. The boy turned his head to look at you, hiding a small smile.

"Oh so you know all the secret spots then?"