"Zayn stop! Now!" I said when he was finally in front of us with an outraged look in his cold black eyes. This wasn't 'human' Zayn anymore.

"I dare you show your pathetic face here!" Zayn roared causing the trees around us to moan and the ground to rumble. The situation was escalating so quickly I did the only thing I could think of to stop him. I tackle him to the ground distracting him for the time being. He struggled against me for a second until I showed him his mark on my neck which calmed him down immediately, his eyes went back to normal.

"Sorry...It's harder to control now that I've marked you." He huffed out closing his eyes and taking deep breaths.

"How is he alive? I-I watched him die. Hell I stabbed him straight in the heart and with a silver sword no less!" Kane screamed getting to his feet slowly but the wounds that were probably already healing caused him to groan in pain.

"Your guess is as good as ours because Zayn doesn't remember a single thing that happened while he was out." I said as I quickly removed myself from off Zayn and tried to help Kane to his feet.

"Marina.." Zayn said in a strained and warning voice as if telling me that touching Kane was not the best idea at the moment.

"Kane I think you should just go Zayn can't really control himself right now. Before you go can you give something to my mother?" I asked him going back to my journal where I had written a letter that I planned on giving to Paul to give to her I ripped it out the book and folded it several times and handed it to him.

"Make sure it gets to her please." I gave him the best pleading look. He just nodded his head, apologizing to Zayn before he suddenly burst into his flames. I was shocked for a split second till I realized that's Kane's power and that's how he traveled around between the Kingdom's and the human world.

"You can breathe now babe he's gone." I said looking back a Zayn. He had a frown on his face as he lay on the ground gripping the dark green grass beneath him.

"That doesn't remove his pungent scent from the air." He grunted while he wrinkled his nose. Despite the seriousness of the situation before I couldn't help but giggle at Zayn's expression that made him look like a little boy that just had to take the nasty grape flavored medicine. It was so adorable I found myself bursting out laughing. I felt Zayn get up and come closer to me, one of the many perks of being mates. When my laughter faded into little giggles I finally realized that Zayn was giving me the most intense stare I had never seen before. I blushed and looked at the ground to hopefully hide it. He placed his hand under my chin that guided my head to face his. We were mere inches away from each other and the only thing I could think about was Zayn's masculine honey and vanilla scent. His eyes were filled to the brim with love and admiration left me completely immobilized and trapped in whatever spell he has suddenly cast over my body.

"What?" Was the only word I was able to push past my lips. He chuckled at me and pushed some of my hair out my face.

"I haven't heard that laugh in such a long time. I'm just glad that after everything that has happened that you haven't lost that gorgeous smile of yours." He said making my blush deepen. "You lost everything but you still remain the same. I have no idea how you do it."