06. {canine distemper virus}

Start from the beginning

she began to twirl her fingers around in a slow movement, creating a harsh but gradual gust of wind towards the man in an attempt to scare him off. however, the officer looked around in confusion and stayed in his place.

"okay, this isn't working." she whispered.

moonee quickly grew frustrated and threw a heavy blast of air at him, propelling him at least six feet away from his original post. promptly, the mccall girl dashed to the door and opened it. the second she entered, she was hit with an overwhelming feeling of sickness.

brushing it off, moonee carelessly ran through the corridors. as she sprinted, a larger body came in contact with hers and knocked her down.

"watch it!"

"i'm so sor- moonee?" the person spoke.

moonee quickly got to her feet and looked at who had barged into her, "oh, hey stiles."

"shouldn't you be resting?" stiles questioned as he pulled her into the nearest room - bobby finstock's office.

"shouldn't you be taking your psats? oh-" she shot back at him.

"alright, i got it." stiles rolled his eyes.

moonee placed her hand on his sweaty face to see he was burning up, "i think you should be the one resting."

"no, don't touch me!" he quickly smacked her hand away, "the virus going around is harmful to supernatural."

"you aren't supernatural." she pointed out.

"and non-supernatural!" stiles uttered, "you probably already caught it when you came inside, it's going to start effecting you soon... moonee? moon?"

the girl had disassociated from the conversation, she promptly felt fatigued and her eyes shut closed. when she opened them, she could feel they had shifted into a different colour. her right eyes vision had a light grey hue, while the other had blue.

"no, no, no." he groaned, she had already started to shift, "just, stand here."

moonee stood still in the corner of the room as stiles rummaged through the drawers. she silently watched as he scanned coach's coffee mug.

"moon, come here." stiles ushered her over.

she moved to the table he was sat at and stiles quickly clutched her arms. he inspected her hands and fingers and she gave him a look.

"what are you doing?"

"how..." he muttered to himself as he saw faint, black ink on her index finger, "what have you touched since you got here?

"the door handle outside and your face." she confessed.

"my face?" stiles questioned, "is there any ink on my face, moonica?!"

"don't call me that." she rolled her eyes, "and yeah, on your right cheek-"

"i was wondering how that idiot got sick." the chemist, simon, spoke aloud, his eyes fixated on coach's mug, "i'm also wondering where your friends are... since, it order to get paid by the benefactor, i need to have proof that they're dead."

"visual confirmation..." stiles mumbled as the man twisted his sound suppressor gun around.

"exactly." the chemist grinned before pointing the gun to moonee, "and it must be my lucky day because i was secretly hoping you'd come save your brother, elementum."

moonee's heart dropped, he was going to kill her.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───