The way she described him was just aching my body everywhere. I could feel her sadness form into a cloud, never leaving her side. He ruined her, even when I wasn't there. He made Sloane feel useless, to the borderline of keeping her from her own happiness.

But what made me more angry, other than his psychotic behavior when she broke up with him, was what he did to her when I pulled her sweater away to reveal the marks on her neck.  I didn't ask her who, but she and I knew the answer together.

He put his fucking nasty hands on her, with a big violation of harassment laid upon her skin. Every inch of her neck was bruised, the hickeys I left her are unseen due to that asshole's grip. And never felt more furious to kill someone who wasn't my target.

I couldn't let her suffer in her own misery as she sat with me so I stayed longer than usual. The boss could care less if I was getting my ass hauled in the training classes at night but this was less of my concern.

All I wanted was to make her feel safe, a place where she can actually relax. We just sat in silence, nothing but the cold air and drags of cigarettes filling up our space. Sloane didn't say afterwards once I told her I would take her home, but I finally realized why she loved being alone.

It wasn't the fact that she would avoid everyone despite herself being miserable, but she was trying to avoid those who she thought gave her love.

The trauma, pain and the slightest thought of ever feeling in love again would soon ruin a second chance for her.

And that's what he did.

That shithead made sure that no one else was going to love her for being someone who gave her everything. And if that Brayden fucker thought it was finished, he thought wrong.

But right now, I'm trying to get home as soon as possible because I'm going to make sure Brayden shows up to school tomorrow, bright and early.

The night is still young, but with a couple of stars looking down at me as I trot down the streets of this low-down town. They said Greendale was one of the safest towns here in Oregon, but I don't rely on Google for that matter.

I know for a fact that CASTA is hiding some of their agents here somewhere, but first I have to hand over the USB that I downloaded earlier at lunch, with the school files and backgrounds of each student.

Reaching the house in the middle of street on Oakwood Lane, I pass the road and reach the steps of the cookie-cutter modern day house. SIDD bought it off the market as an undisclosed dealer and agreed to keep it for at least another 6 months. But I really don't think I'm going to be staying that long in this hell-hole.

My knuckles hit the wood of the door, banging so that either Cade and Carter would let me in. Those two have been goofing around and thinking that it's another vacation in Florida, which I don't want to go back to.

I repeatedly keep knocking and knocking, until the door widens to reveal a tall figure wearing blue sweats and a basketball tee.

"Harry? Why aren't you at SIDD right now? Aren't you supposed to be training?" Cade asks, rubbing his eyes from his tired expression.

I shake my head. "I uh..got side-tracked." I lie and drop the butt of the cigarette to the floor of the porch and smash it with my foot. "I felt someone following me and so I took care of it." I let myself in while Cade still holds the door open.

"That reminds me.." Cade tells me. "I tried opening the code to Damien's phone but I only got a limited amount of attempts. It's not easy to hack in but I could take days or weeks..so we're fucking screwed." He mutters.