0.4 » do you trust me?

When Kaity woke up in the morning, she was regretting the ice cream she ate the night before. Her stomach was hurting, but then again, she knew it wasn’t from the mint chocolate chip. It was because in less than an hour, she would be meeting Luke at the local pool for her first swimming lesson.

She knew he wouldn’t let her drown, but she was still nervous. Reluctantly, she clicked off the television and stalked into her bedroom to get dressed to leave. She slid off her whale printed shorts and baseball tee shirt, along with all her under clothing.

In exchange, she tied on her plain red bikini top and matching bottoms. She quickly got dressed in another random shirt and light denim shorts before she grabbed her keys and headed out the door.

It was a short drive to the pool and even though it was only just before one, the pool was almost full. Kaity didn’t know why they just didn’t head to the ocean to swim instead of the chlorinated pool. She shook the thoughts away as she stepped out of her car.

The nice thing about this pool is that it was free to everyone. The only thing that was for sale were goggles, nose plugs and food from the stand. Other than that, everything was free; even admission. Kaity stepped through turnstile as she entered the fenced in area around the pool.

She looked to the lifeguard stand, expecting to see Luke there, but it was someone else. It was another guy with dark blonde, curly hair; dark Ray Ban sunglasses framing his face. She knew his eyes were skillfully scanning the water behind them and she was glad. If Luke couldn’t save her, maybe this guy would.

“So you actually showed up?” Kaity heard as Luke walked out of the locker room she was standing beside. She had yet to walk out to the edge of the water, and she knew she wouldn’t until Luke made her.

“Well,” Kaity said, watching as he ran a hand through his hair. He seemed to have just rinsed himself off. Tiny water droplets clung to his freckled skin. He was still wearing just his red lifeguard trunks, no shirt. He didn’t even have his lip ring in. “I didn’t want you to drag me out of my apartment. You’ve seen my whale shorts one too many times.”

Luke chuckled before hanging the towel over his neck. “I liked them,” he said, his eyes flashing towards her. “They were cute.”

Kaity’s blushed burned almost a bright as Luke’s swimming trunks.

“Anyway,” Luke said, continuing. “Did you want to get undressed and we can start awhile? You can keep your stuff in my locker if you want,” he suggested.

Kaity swallowed and hesitantly nodded. The time had come that she had been dreading since she got home early that morning. Luke held open the locker room door and led her towards his locker. Pushing away her anxiety, Kaity kicked off her flip-flops and peeled off her clothes before throwing them inside the small green locker with Luke’s belongings.

“Ready?” He asked, flashing her a wide grin. Kaity shook her head, grimacing at how excited he was about this. “C’mon,” he laughed, “it won’t be that bad.”

Kaity raised a challenging eyebrow. Together, they walked back out to the pool. It the short time that Kaity and Luke were in the dressing room, some of the occupants seemed to have left, leaving a bit more space for the pair.