The crystal

I spent days in the small room, Moblit came often to check up on me. He would take notes in a small notebook while he asked me questions. I would also get my blood drawn often, my fear of needles long gone after a few days. I could see how every time my blood was removed it got a little brighter. From dark red to bright red, and now today Moblit got some blood from me, as usual. His eyes widened when he saw the small gold particles in the sample, and his smile faded from his lips.

"What is that?" I asked curiously.

"Not sure, but this is exactly what Erwin told us was going to happen. He said once your blood is fully gold you will- you won't be yourself, ever again," he said looking at the small vial, a frown on his face.

He started putting away the needles and his notebook, "Have you been feeling weird lately? Maybe like you aren't yourself?" He asked, his voice shaking a little.

"Not really, I feel fine," I lied. I had been feeling different. Like time went by faster, my memory was fuzzy and sometimes I blinked and a few hours had gone by.

He hummed approvingly, "hey Moblit? Where am I? Is this hq or...?" I questioned. Its been a few days since I first arrived at this small room and I haven't left once.

"No, this is underground. A secret government place. Is very small, but there are cameras everywhere and it is heavily guarded. If you were to leave this room, there would be about three other rooms most empty except for one other," he said giving me a soft smile, he had no idea how valuable the information he gave me was.

After he left I examined carefully how he opened the door. He placed his sleeve on the knob tapping it twice, a buzzing sound, barely audible was heard. And the door opened, from were I was sitting I saw two guards before the door shut close again.

So, assuming the worst he has a sort of chip implanted in his sleeve or on his wrist. The best would be a key card that I could easily steal from him to get out. The other occupied room is probably were Annie is being kept. If not Eren? Its worth a shot. I just need to find a way to get the guards to leave.

***
The next time someone came through the door was a few hours after. It was Hange, they walked up to me, notebook in hand. A soft smile adorned their face but their eyes seemed dark. Like they had lost all hope. They weren't the Hange I was used to. Their usually energetic persona was replaced by a dull, quiet one.

"Hi Y/N, I have to ask you a few questions okay?" I hummed in reply as they quietly sat down next to me, our legs were touching. A faint touch, you'd have to pay attention to notice it. And I could feel their warm body. I felt safe.

"How have you been feeling? Your blood results are back," before I even answered she started writing something on the notebook.

"Normal, what are the results?" I asked hesitantly

"Hmm it appears that in around 2 weeks your blood will be fully gold, meaning that you will shift, forever. tell me about your day," they changed the topic and I started to talk to them while they rapidly wrote in the notebook. After a few minutes they stopped writing and turned the notebook towards me. Our hands touched as they gave me the notebook and I felt the familiar spark and a tingling sensation were our skin met.

"Look this are your vial results," they said eyeing the guard warily.

The notebook had a paragraph written and I read it as quick as possible. In a messy handwriting Hange had written:

'Hey love, I am sorry but they have threatened to kill me if we touch too much or kiss like the other time. I read the paper you gave me. Your mother referred to a crystal. I believe she meant the crystal that surrounds Annie at the moment. She is trapped in it, they keep her two rooms to the right of this one. We will get out of here okay? I need you to trust yourself, I need you to help me too. Erwin has been getting really mad lately. He is up to something so we need to get out of here. Lastly, the gold in your blood is something they inject to you, they made you like this Y/N.
Don't forget that I love you.'

A few tears left my eyes and they cleared their throat. I handed the notebook back to them.

"Okay, I believe that is all, see you in a few days Smith," they said as they grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently before turning and leaving, the guard trailing behind them.

***
I stayed in the room in deep thought, trying to come up with a perfect plan that would lead Hange and I to safety. I knew I also needed to discover more about the 'seventh heaven' before I left this place. I didn't even know where it was. Hopefully Annie could tell me more about it. I knew I was underground but where exactly. Inside the walls? I had no way of knowing this.

I thought for a moment and came to the conclusion that maybe my old cadets could help. I knew Moblit went constantly in and out of the dungeons and he was Hange's assistant so he was probably willing to help. I examined the small chip Hange had slipped in my hand before she left. This should easily open the door but what then?

There isn't even a window inside the room, maybe if I go late at night it won't be guarded. So I waited until the clock in my nightstand changed to 3:00am. If there was a change in shift it would definitely happen at this time. Since in the cadet force shifts happened at 3pm and 3am. I quietly stood up and walked towards the door pressing my ear against it, trying to see if I could hear someone.

After minutes if silence, I came to the conclusion that there were no guards. I placed the small ship on the knob and the faint buzzing sound startled me. I pushed the door and it opened revealing a white bright hallway.

It was empty. I walked where Hange said Annie was. Two rooms to my right and I was met by a door identical to mine. The door opened without the ship and my eyes widened at the sight. In the room was a huge crystal and inside of it was Annie. She was inside of it. Unmoving. How the fuck am I supposed to talk to her now?