Mom?

I opened my eyes and was met by a blinding light. So I blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted, I was on a soft bed. I sat up and looked at my arms, a few wires here and there, scars too. I turned my head to the left, there were other beds too but when I looked at my right my eyes widened at the figure of my mother. Her eyes were closed and she was laying on another bed. She looked peaceful.

I stood up yanking out a few wires from my arms as I approached her. She had similar wires on her arms and a strand of hair covered her face. I removed it off her face and gently took her hand in mine.

"Y/N" my mother said but her lips weren't moving and her eyes were still closed. "Mom?" After a few moments of silence a few tears left my eyes it was probably my imagination.

"you have to get to the seventh heaven, you will be safe there," her lips weren't moving yet somehow my mom is talking to me? She is still peacefully sleeping, am I imagining this?

"The warriors will be there, they will help you, my angel," the nickname caused more tears to leave my eyes and I held her hand tightly. Warriors? Those are the ones that the men were talking to me about, I wonder what happened to them. I have blurred memories of their dead bodies but it feels like a dream?

"How do I get there mom?" I asked a few of my tears landing on her limp body.

"The girl in the crystal,"

The sound of the door opening startled me slightly and I suddenly opened my eyes. I was alone, in the same room, the same beds but nobody else was there. My mom wasn't there. It was just a dream.

I rubbed my eyes furiously wiping a few tears in the process. I miss my mom. I looked up to the sound of someone clearing their throat and my eyes met the hazel ones I have grown to love from across the room. They gave me a soft smile before walking closer.

"Hey," they greeted and I couldn't help the tears that left my eyes. They walked closer to me setting the bag they were holding on the bed side table. A concerned look on their face.

"I need to check your pressure and heartbeat, okay?" A soft smile made its way on their lips as they took out a stethoscope from the bag. They placed it around their neck.

"May I?" They asked me gently and I nodded my head. They took off the hospital gown I was wearing and placed the stethoscope on their ears. The coldness of the metal against my back made me flinch slightly and they leaned closer to me whispering in my ear.

"It will be fine, okay? We will get out of here love, and then we can be together, yeah?" They said so gently as they changed the position of the stethoscope.

I nodded my head before gaining the courage to speak and I softly whispered "what did Erwin do to you?"

"Nothing, love, I am just following his orders. Also, he asked me to tell you something,"

"What is it?" I became slightly nervous

"He believes that you are more than just a shifter. Its unclear and that's why we are running so many experiments on you. Once we know more we will tell you, okay?"

"Mhm, thats fine," They gently took my hand in theirs and rubbed circles in my palm.

"So far, we know that when you shift is as if you weren't yourself, like someone controls you. We also know that your DNA and blood have been artificially altered. I will keep doing more research, and once we figure all of this out, we will live together and maybe even get married," their eyes glinted as they described our future and I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my lips.

"One day, baby," I whispered squeezing their hand.

"I need to go I can only come here to check up on you, I will be back later. Take the pills on your nightstand in 20 minutes okay?" I nodded my head at their request.

"Can they hear us?" I whispered.

"No of course not! Its just you and I," they slightly shook their head yes. So they can hear us but they possibly can't see us, aside from the guard, Otherwise they wouldn't have shook their head, they would've winked or done something more discrete.

So only The guard that comes with Hange can see us, no cameras this is good.

***
After Hange left I knew I needed to come up with a way to tell her about what my mother said. About the crystal. But they could hear us and the guard was almost always watching us, so handing her a note wouldn't work. My eyes lit up as I came up with the perfect idea.

***
The next time Hange came in I was ready. I had the pill in my mouth and I saw the guard trailing behind them before standing in a corner.

Hange quietly walked up to me, "how are you feeling?" They asked and instead of responding I walked up to them giving them a kiss on the lips, they tried pulling away but I shoved my tongue in their mouth passing them the pill.

"Hey! Stop that!" The guard said but it was too late for him, I had already succeeded

Hange cleared their throat before excusing themselves to the bathroom. Inside of the pill was a note that said exactly what my mother had told me about the crystal.

A/N: yes I used a banana fish scene lmao