Bittersweet victory

"Izuku walk faster." Inko and Izuku were walking through town as Izuku struggled to keep his little feet in pace with the older woman's larger, faster strides.

"M-mama can you slow down." Izuku panted breathlessly his cheeks slightly flushed.

"Listen." Inko halted causing the toddler to collide into her leg and land harshly on the ground, Inko then dragged him to a more solitary side of the pavement and knelt to his level, "do you want to head back or something?"

"N-no m-mama..." Izuku stuttered his eyes slightly tearing up at his scraped knee.

"You seriously aren't crying right now, please Izuku do you not love your Okaa-San at all?!" Inko muttered angrily.

"No, loves mama a lot." Izuku's sniffled trying to give her a hug.

"Don't touch me." She spat, harshly shoving him away as he stumbled back, "That isn't how you show love, you show love by being quiet and telling those hero's that I'm fine without their surveillance  or help, you continue crying like that and they'll put mama back in that hospital."

"Sorry." Izuku mumbled.

"Or is it that you still think those villains will find you and take you back." Inko smiled.

"Oh Izuku," she said softly cupping her hands around his face, "They don't want you back, they'll only use you for that powerful quirk you inherited from your father, they don't need you anymore and you don't need them." 

"I don't need them?" Izuku repeated cocking his head innocently.

"Exactly they are scary monsters who only see joy in killing people." Inko said, "that's what villains are."

"Scary." Izuku shuddered.

"Yes that's right, but I will always be here, you only need me." Inko said warmly straightening herself up and holding Izuku's hand continuing their walk.

Meanwhile

"Aizawa? Fancy seeing you here." A familiar voice beckoned to Aizawa.

"Hm who are you?" Aizawa turned to face the male.

"That hurts it's me....Hawks." The male said removing his sunglasses to reveal his sharp amber eyes."

"Oh Hawks hello, I could ask the same for you." Aizawa greeted surprised.

"Can't a hero shop in town once in a while, and I'm more worried about you, you don't  really look like the shopping type." Hawks raised an eyebrow although it couldn't really be seen because of his oversized sunglasses and hat.

"I'm sure you've heard of the child that was kidnapped by villains?" Aizawa asked.

"Kidnapped?" Hawks coughed, "I mean yea kidnapped I've heard of him what does that have to do with you lurking behind Starbucks?"

"Well, I can't really disclose much information but I'm keeping an eye on him." Aizawa stated.

"What does he look like." Hawks asked curiously.

"He's about 4 we think, stupidly adorable, he's got curly green hair that's always a nightmare to comb." Aizawa muttered.

"Ah so you've been looking after him I see." Hawks continues talking with Aizawa and in the process distracting him from watching Izuku and Inko...

Izuku and Inko continued walking through town, Inko sometimes stopping to window shop whilst Izuku followed quietly behind her.