"Yea, they should be here soon enough." Hagrid gets up to look out the window. "Look at him, he loves the smell of the trees and the wind."

"So, why don't we just set him free?"

"They would know it was Hagrid." Castor responds from her spot at the table. "Think about it, the hippogriff set to be executed suddenly disappears just before it supposed to happen..." She shakes her head, looking down to a burned spot on the wooden table.

"And then Dumbledore would get into trouble." Pollux adds from his place leaned against the sink.

"He's coming down, you know." Hagrid says. "Says he wants to be with me when they...when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. Great man."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Hermione stands.

"Good luck. I already tried that one." Castor mumbles. Fang grumbles at her from his place on Hagrid's bed.

"You'll do no such thing. Think I want you seeing something like that?" Hagrid points his finger at Hermione now. "No, you just drink your tea and be off."

Pollux hears a rustle from the cupboards behind him, turning slowly to see Ron's stupid rat staring back at him from inside an empty milk jug. He narrows his eyes at the rat, who's beady eyes stare right back at him, watching, unmoving.

"Hey Ron," Pollux doesn't turn his gaze away from the patchy haired rodent. "I think this belongs to you."

"Scabbers!" Ron gasps, his arms reaching into the milk jug to grab a hold of his rat. "You're alive!"

"I think that means you owe someone an apology." Hermione glares at Ron.

"You're right." Ron turns to her. "Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know!" He snarks at her.

"Ron!" Castor chides him in a tired tone, much like an older sister who's tired of hearing the same attitude.

"I meant me!" Hermione snaps. The vase next to her on the table explodes, shattering into small ceramic pieces.

"Ow!" Harry holds the back of his head, turning to look out the window, spotting the group of people making their way down the hill. "Hagrid." He warns.

"Oh, crikey!" Hagrid curses as he sees the executioner among the Headmaster and the Minister. "It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. If someone see you outside the castle this time o' night you'll be in trouble. Big trouble-particularly you, Harry."

"They're too close for you to go out the front door." Pollux glances out the window. "Sneak out the back, we'll distract them for you."

"But what about you?" Hermione asks.

"She's right. You can get into trouble too." Hagrid agrees.

"O.W.L.s are done, and the school year is practically over already." Castor shakes her head and stands. "Besides, it's not curfew yet." She jumps slightly as there's a loud banging on the front door.

"I'll be with you in a moment." Hagrid calls, slightly panicky. Castor turns to the trio waiting by the back door.

"Go," She whispers. "We'll meet you at the top of the hill." She waits until Hagrid looks ready for their guests. Pollux stands right behind her as she opens the door, coming face to face with Professor Dumbledore, the Minister of Magic, and the executioner. "Good evening." She greets them, moving down the steps of Hagrid's hut and to the right, making all three men turn their bodies to follow her. She sees the back door open and close quickly in her peripheral vison behind them. "Professor." She nods to Dumbledore. And then she eyes the other man, in the bowler hat. "Minister." Her tone is sharp, and she only slightly revels in the nervous glance the Minister gives her Headmaster.