I switch to a nonchalant expression. "I don't care, Aurora and I aren't together."

She smirks. "So if I asked her out you wouldn't care?"

"Nope." I muster through a fake smile.

"I don't believe that but I'm not gonna try because you'll probably murder me in my sleep or some shit. That glare was pretty convincing."

I hear Aurora chuckling in the back seat.

"So how did you two happen?" She asks.

"We met in high school. We were best friends for a while before we started dating." I answer.

"Oh, why'd you guys break up?"

"Because Kya didn't want to us be a secret anymore and I said something bitchy in response."

Jenny looks at me seriousness across her face. "You know it's not easy having parents like ours. They'd disown us if they found out we like women. But it's not easy being kept a secret either." She looks at Aurora in her rear view mirror.

Aurora sighs. "I know and I should have been more understanding." She looks at me in the mirror.

****

20 minutes later we arrive at Lavinski's mansion.

We get out of Jenny's car and walk in through the double doors. There are a lot of men and women standing around with a glass of wine in there hand. Some of them are wearing a simple shirt or blouse and pants. Others are wearing suits and fancy dresses.

I recognize a few as A-list celebrities. Most of them being models and designers as expected.

"I'm gonna go talk to Lavinski." Jenny says seductively before walking off in the direction of a slightly tanned tall man with slicked black hair and a short groomed goatee. I've never seen David Lavinski I've just heard of his name. Like most designers.

A guy carrying a tray with wine glasses passes by and I grab one. I need it.

I take a sip only to feel it leave my hand and my lips. I look at Aurora and see her holding it to her own mouth with a smirk. What the fuck?

I glare. "Get your own."

"I did." She says with a smirk and takes a sip. Que pendeja.

"At least leave me some." I say

"Are you sure you can handle it? In high school it'd only take half a glass and you'd be wasted."

"Yes, I'm sure." I say annoyed.

She glares suspiciously as she drinks half of the glass then hands it back. "Don't drink more than that. I don't believe you." There's barely any now.

What is she, my mom? I'll drink as many as I want. I sip it as I glare at her.

"Hello ladies." An unfamiliar man's voice says from behind us. We both turn around.

A guy who looks to be in his 30s with brown hair and eyes presents himself in front of us. He's wearing a suit and looks important but I have no idea who he is.

"Hey." I say slightly confused as to why he's talking to us.

"Are you both models? I've never seen you before." He scratches his trimmed beard.

Aurora speaks before me. "She is but I'm not."

His eyes widen. "Really? You should be."

She chuckles. "Thank you." I roll my eyes subtly.

He looks at me. "I assume your agency is Elite otherwise you wouldn't be here."

I hum. What is he getting at?