Chapter 5

----------------------------------------------------------------

Next week...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tionne:

I couldn't get Chilli off of my mind. While I drove home last weekend, I only thought about that touch. Something about it... I can't put my finger on it.

It's like it had some effect on me.

I don't know what's wrong with me.. I gotta snap out of it. She probably already forgot about me by now. She hasn't even called me since I gave her my number.

I got out of bed, about ready to start the day. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, put on some clothes, and went downstairs.

As I went into the kitchen, I heard the wall phone ring.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

My heart sped up again.

Could it be Chilli? Everytime my phone rang for the past few days, I would get anxious and trick myself into thinking it's her.

...But maybe this time she called?

I slowly walked toward the phone, trying to stall time.

I picked up the receiver.

"..Hello?" I said.

"Tionne, you bout to get on my nerves." said the person over the line.

It was Lisa.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, feeling upset, relieved, and confused all at once from that one sentence.

"What's up?" I said.

"Don't what's up me. I swear you have the worst memory I have ever seen in my entire life." Lisa said.

I looked at my calendar next to the phone. Today I was supposed to meet with Lisa at a local cafe.

"Tsk. I forgot all about today." I said.

"I know." she said. I can just see her rolling my eyes at me over the phone.

"Well, I'm coming soon. I'll talk to you then." I said.

"We'll see about that. For all you know, I might not even be here when your late ass shows up. Then we'll be even." Lisa said with an attitude.

She always says she'll do stuff like that to be petty, even though she never does.

"Lisa, quit playing. Imma be there soon. Bye." I chuckled, hanging up the phone.

Lisa:

I hung up the phone frustrated, almost slamming it. Not only because she was late to our meeting today, but because of what happened at that party.

Why would Tionne wanna run off with Chilli? Of all people?

There is no reason for her to just go like that with Chilli when they had just met only a few minutes prior.