Chapter 2

Tionne:

I made it! Finally, I got there, wasting only about 7 extra minutes from driving.

I walked into the building, now packed and crowded. I looked around for Lisa and I spotted her, entertaining a guest. She glanced in my direction and spotted me.

"Tionne! You finally came!" Lisa exclaimed.

She was clearly more than relieved to see me. She rushed over to greet me with a smile on her face.

That smile quickly turned into a frown as she asked, "What took you so long?"

"I lost my keys." I shrugged.

"You are a 20-something year old woman and you've already started losing shit?" she remarked.

"I'm a busy girl." I responded.

"I can see that. Anywho, everybody was  ready to hear those birthday wishes speeches more than 15 minutes ago. You got yours ready?" she said.

Chilli:

Lisa was now talking to that girl. That must've been Tionne. I couldn't help but stare. She looked more beautiful than Lisa described.

She was short and petite, with dark brown cat eyes and a strong jawline. She had dyed her short hair blonde, but it fit her so well, it looked as if it were her natural hair colour.

The girl walked to the table where Wanda sat and gave her a kiss on the cheek before she went to the microphone. Her speech was very brief. She seemed nervous, which I thought was a little funny. Her voice was raspy and smooth. Even though she only talked for about a minute, it was so soothing to hear her voice. I kept my eyes on her the entire time.

After she finished, the crowd applauded, and the next few people gave their speeches. I couldn't even stay focused on the others because this mysterious girl distracted me. Maybe I got a little too distracted. I tried to focus my gaze back to Lisa's brother Ronald at the mic.

Lisa:

Tionne approached me after getting off the stage.

"You did great!" I comforted her.

"Public speaking was, is, and will never be my thing," she said.

"At least you did it. And anyways, it's the thought that counts." I chuckled.

Tionne mocked my chuckle and switched back to her death stare.

Rolling my eyes, I focused my attention on my aunt, who was about to speak next.

Then I remembered to look around for Chilli. She was sitting at a table alone, looking over at us... At Tionne. Then Chilli met her eyes with mine and quickly looked away and back at the speaker. Tionne didn't seem to notice her at all. This all was a little strange, but expected. I knew Tionne is a unique-looking kind of girl, so it would only be natural to take a second glance and stare. I hope it's for those reasons she's staring... Why is she looking at her for so long...?