Chapter 4

Tionne:

We drove in the car in an awkward silence, only talking for directions.

"So, where are you from?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"From here, in Atlanta." she said.

"I guess it's because I don't leave my home." she gave an awkward giggle.

I laughed with her before we were silent again. I got her to loosen up somewhat. She seemed extremely tense the entire time since we've been driving.

I glanced at her.

"You seemed pretty upset back there." I said.

"Yeah, I just wasn't feeling the party, that's all. You know how it is." she shrugged.

"Mhm, I get it. Sometimes it's not your night." I responded, sympathizing with her.

We stopped at a stoplight.

"And you know what, I completely messed up on the speech up there. Did you see me? It was so embarrassing!" I said, as-a-matter-of-factly, turning my attention towards her as I waited for the green light.

I had to rant to somebody about how much I looked like a fool up there.

"Noooo! I loved your speech! It was wonderful." Chilli said, gently placing a hand on my arm to emphasize her point. And that she did... She kept it there for a long ass time.

I got butterflies the second she touched me. Or maybe I was just startled? I'm not sure what I'm feeling..

"Are we both talking about the same speech?" My eyes darting from her, her hand on my arm, and her eyes again.

She laughed.

"I'm serious. I liked it. I thought it was very sweet." Chilli said, looking away, smiling.

She pulled her hand off my arm, and those butterflies were still there.

Confused, I continued driving when the light flashed green.

It's a bit weird that a stranger was already so touchy-feely and comfortable with me when we had just met briefly for a few minutes. And it's even weirder that I didn't have a problem with it either. Hell, I was driving her home. In my car. I don't do stuff like that, ever.

It's hard to explain, but I feel some sort of connection with her...

Well, she could be all touchy-feely because maybe she's tipsy. Only God knows. All I know is, it's not safe to let my mind wander and overthink things like that. After all, she is still a stranger.

We moved onto another topic, with those thoughts still on my mind.

Chilli:

I'm surprised that Tionne thought that her speech was bad. I guess I was so distracted by her, I couldn't pay attention to her words.

It's funny too, because she started acting all nervous again like how she was on stage. And I couldn't help but notice her face turning red occasionally when I spoke to her.

After a while of silence, we eventually reached my place.

It was a simple, white condominium.

We pulled into the driveway.

"Wow, I love your house. It's dope." Tionne said, staring at it, after parking her car.

"Thank you." I said, getting out of the car.

She got out of her car to see me off to the front door.

She waited for me as I searched through my bag for my keys.

"Chilli?" she said.

"Hmm?" I looked up from the bag into her eyes. I turned red again, as I felt they were looking deep into my soul.

"Could I get your number?" she asked.

"Oh! Of course! I was gonna ask for yours in the car but I forgot. Do you have a pen?" I chuckled, snapping out of my daze.

She chuckled back and ran around her car to check inside for a pen and a small shred of paper.

We exchanged numbers.

"So when will I see you again?" she asked.

"Well, you have my number. Call me sometime and we'll figure it out." I said with a smile.

"Imma do that then." she said, chuckling nervously. I felt her watching me, as I walked off to my door.

"Bye!" I said waving to her, as I went inside.

"Bye." she waved back, with a contented smile.

I closed the door and went up to my room.

I sat down on my bed and looked at the number written down on the piece of paper. I smiled.
I have to make it a point to call her as soon as possible.