Unfinished business

OCs featured: Eli Henderson, Kendall Chance, Toni Valorum, Leda Delvin

Clone OCs: CC-2059 "Kal", CT-1567 "Flash"

19 BBY, Anaxes

Reunited! With the help of the Bad Batch, Captain Rex rescues his old friend, ARC Trooper Echo, from the Techno Union. The Separatist loss of Echo's strategic algorithm provides a chance for the Republic to turn the tide in the battle for Anaxes. However, Echo's horrifying experience
behind enemy lines leaves lingering questions of his true loyalty and uncertain future...

"We have more than a dozen active battlefronts on Anaxes, and we are losing nearly every one." Mace walked past Anakin and Kendall as he briefed the Republic forces. He activated a holomap of the planet. "But, if Admiral Trench can no longer anticipate our moves, we now have the opportunity to retake the planet."

Kendall crossed her arms, nodding thoughtfully at this.

"We can improve your chances." Everyone turned to see Echo and Flash walking towards them, followed by a medical droid.

"Eh..." Rex glanced at the two cyborg clones, then at Obi Wan. "Excuse me generals... and commanders." He walked over to Echo and put a hand on his shoulder. "Echo, I'm sorry... but I just don't think you're ready for battle yet."

"I am not a liability, Rex," Echo firmly insisted. "Flash and I are the best chance we have to take back Anaxes."

Flash gave Rex and Kal the same look of determination as Kal sighed softly.

"If they have a plan, can we hear it?" Eli asked eagerly. His master nodded in approval.

"May I?" Echo asked before striding forward with Flash. He stuck his cybernetic hand into a plug in the holotable and began to turn it. "While Master Windu leads a team to retake the assembly complex, the Bad Batch will escort me and Flash into Trench's new comm vault, which, according to current intel, is now located on this Separatist Dreadnought above Anaxes."

"Once Echo is plugged in, he can pass me strategies that I'll then feed to Trench, but this time, you'll know every move before he makes it," Flash added as Echo got up.

"And you are certain that if we get you onboard that ship, that you can convince Trench's army... to do what you want?" Mace asked.

"Absolutely," Echo replied. "Unfortunately, we've been doing this for a while... but this time we can help bring about a republic victory, instead of a defeat."

Mace and Obi Wan nodded slowly.

Meanwhile, the Bad Batch were gearing up by the Havoc Marauder as Anakin, Kendall, Leda, Echo, and Flash came over.

"Tech, is everything ready?" Hunter asked.

"Yep, Sarge," Tech confirmed, looking at his datapad. "We are ready." As Hunter nodded and left, Tech mused on how to land on the ship.

Rex put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. Echo and Flash say they've got a plan."

"That... makes me feel so much better."

"What do you mean by that?" Kal asked.

"To be blunt, their minds belonged to the Separatists until we unplugged them," Tech opined. "We don't really know where their loyalties lie."

"Yeah, well, I know, and Kal knows," Rex replied. "Now get moving."

They boarded the Havoc Marauder as the ramp closed. Soon it was leading a group of LAATs towards the intended destination, and then broke off from the line.