''So you didn't have an affair with any of them?'' I questioned. He looked at me puzzled before throwing another fit of laughter.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. He laughed in my face and embarrassed me. How would I know he didn't have any affairs when all articles were about it.

He pulled my back to his chest and held me securely. Was that my anger vanishing away? I wonder.

''I'm a virgin, love.'' He whispered in my ear. My eyes widened.

I know that I was his first kiss, but other things can be done without kissing. And I definitely didn't expect this.

''Really?''

''Hundred percent.'' He chuckled.

I knew Nate wasn't the virgin and he pressured me into sleeping with him. But Ezra is a virgin like me.

Ugh. Why am I comparing them?

Ezra is my husband and that's all that matters. He is sweet, kind, and loving. He understands me. He is nothing like my ex-disgusting boyfriend.

''Me too,'' I said.

''So we are like a virgin couple?'' He teased.

''Ezra, don't tease anymore. I'm going to punch you.'' I threatened. He smiled and kissed my knuckle.

''Wouldn't want you to get hurt, right?'' He said.

''But I wouldn't. I know how to fight.'' I said seriously.

''Okay, my little fighter.'' He teased and kiss lips pressed against my neck, melting me.

''Do you want to go?'' He asked and I nodded. My eyelids were closing because of his sweet kisses. It felt like a lullaby.

He slipped his arm under my legs as the other stayed around my waist. And before I knew it, I was up in his arms. I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

He put me in the passenger seat of his car and kissed my forehead.
''I'm going to make a call. Wait for me.'' He said. I nodded and snuggled in the car seat. The door closed and I was left alone in the warm car.

I wasn't asleep. I couldn't be until Ezra was in the car with me. But I was tired and let my eyes close for a while.

Suddenly something boomed. It was like a door closed loudly or something fell. It wasn't a shotgun, I was sure of it. I looked around to not see Ezra. I thought he didn't go far.

I opened the car door and went to search for him. I went back to the restaurant in search of him.

As I got closer to where we were before fifteen minutes approximately, only two sounds that were heard were my heels clicking against the floor and someone's heavy breathing.

I took the pocket knife from my purse as I neared.
''Ezra?'' I called out.

It was just around the corner when I walked in. My eyes landed on the figure on the floor. His shirt was all red and blood was gushing through his white shirt on his fingers.

I fell on my knees next to him and removed his suit jacket as fast as I could.
''Ezra, can you hear me?'' I said, caressing his face. He opened one of his eyes as a tear slid out.

I pressed his jacket on the wound and tried to find my phone. I dialed the ambulance number and explained the location.

''Hang on there, baby. The ambulance will come soon.'' I said. I didn't realize how much I was crying when I saw his tears. My husband was hurting and I couldn't help him.

Who did this? I don't want to care because when I find him or her, they will die by my hands. I swear to that.

***

''How is my husband, doctor?'' I asked. He was one of our trusted doctors and he took care of Ezra in the operating hall.

''His liver got damaged and he lost a lot of blood. He will need to lay in bed and drink the medicines I prescribed. By no means, he can get out of the bed.'' He warned. I nodded.

''Can I see him?'' I asked.

''He should wake up soon.'' He said.

I entered the dull room and noticed my husband sleeping peacefully just like all the drama didn't happen. The eye patch was removed from his eye and neatly placed on the nightstand next to his bed.

I slumped my body on the chair. My body was tensed all the time since we came here and it finally relaxed. I shredded so many tears I didn't know I was capable of. I was so worried and scared for his life.

The image of him lying on the floor in the pool of blood replayed in my head over and over again.

I took his hand in my much smaller and laid my head on the edge of the bed. I was damn tired and just wanted to catch sleep for a bit. And it finally came.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.