67

Your mind was racing. How could the villains have gotten to Eri? Present Mic hadn't left any trail behind when he'd taken her away, it should be impossible for them to have been found.

"How do I know that this isn't a trick?" For all you knew, All For One could have a voice imitating quirk of some kind. Shinsou had also mentioned to you once that he'd acquired a voice modulator that allowed him to speak using other's voices, he knew how deeply you cared for Eri, this could've easily been his idea.

You heard a small squeak of fear and then All For One's voice came through the phone once again. "If you'd like to check, I've just had a photo sent to the device you are currently using."

Pulling the phone from your ear, you checked the notification that had appeared on the screen. The image was unmistakably real, Eri stood in the center, wearing a set of red pajamas along with the cape that Aizawa had bought for her. She didn't seem to be hurt, but you didn't miss the subtle threat of Shigaraki's hand on her shoulder, his middle finger hovering slightly above the rest.

Could it be an Illusion? Did the villains' quirk even work like that? Maybe Toga had managed to escape during the aftermath of the battle, there was a chance that Bakugou had only believed her to be dead. You tried to think of something, anything that could explain the photo that you couldn't bring yourself to look away from.

With shaky hands, you brought the phone back to your ear just as you heard the sound of the room door opening. Bakugou stepped inside and you raised up your hand, gesturing for him to stay quiet. "Is she hurt?"

All For One chuckled, "you think so low of me, daughter. the girl has not been harmed.

His words didn't calm your nerves at all. "She was hidden, how did you find her?"

"That is true, the girl was hidden quite well, actually, but it seems that poor Hizashi Yamada just couldn't miss out on his best friends funeral. He was spotted by a lackey of mine, who was actually there to find one of your little friends, but this opportunity proved to be much better. He managed to follow after the hero, who unfortunately left just before you put on that little show of yours, and later inform me of the location where him and the child were staying. It was quite far away so it took us some time to arrange things, but as you can see, we managed to accomplish our goal relatively quickly. I sent two of my villains after you before we had her in our custody, which I do regret now, but it is of no matter."

Present Mic, you thought that he would've put Eri's safety above his own feelings, but he'd still made an appearance at Aizawas funeral. And as much as you wished that you could blame him, you'd done the same thing.

All For One cleared his throat. "Now, I mentioned that the girl was unharmed, but it will not remain that way unless you comply with our demands. I do hope that you make the right choice, I grow tired of unnecessary bloodshed."

'Uneccessary bloodshed' as if he wasn't the one who'd been attacking people at random. But as much as you tried to deny it, this was it, you knew what his demands were. While you'd been out trying to stop him, he'd already been three steps ahead. "Let me talk to her again."

"Of course."

After a second, Eri's voice came through the speaker again. She stuttered when she spoke your name, "is it actually you?"

"Yes, yes, it's me." You tried to sound reassuring, not wanting to scare her any more than she already was. "Are you hurt at all?"

"No, um, I'm not." Her voice lowered to a whisper, "these guys are really scary though, I- I remember them. They helped him, they helped..." Eri's voice broke and you felt physical pain in your chest. "Are they gonna give me back to him?"