CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

WE LEFT WITH THE CASE UNSOLVED. It took two weeks after my discovery at the hospital and no other men going missing for Hotch to throw in the towel and order us back onto the plane. I don't know how long it would have taken for the team to leave the profile in the authorities hands if it weren't for a more pressing case to come up. But I'm glad because I don't know if I would be able to stand it another day.

The past two weeks have been riddled in lack of sleep, held breaths, and desperate attempts to hide any anxious behavior from the seven profilers I work with. So paranoid one of them would be able to see right through me— and somehow know what I had done.

My mask stayed in tact, even as I had to watch the team struggle to find the unsub whose identity I think I know. Though I can't say for certain. After my revelation in the morgue, it only took a detailed list of Ricky Durnam's extended family to narrow it down. I only had to compare them to our unsubs profile. And like a good servant I sent over his name, shuttering at the question of why he wants the newly infamous gotcha nose killer. I don't know why a man such as himself would want to know the identity of Colorados Vigilante... but honestly I don't care.

All I care about is not getting caught.

"Morgan, JJ, Rossi, Reid." Hotch starts after calling us to crowd around his seat on the plane for a briefing. His normally serious stoic expression is now one of concern and anger. "You'll remember this one. We are being called back to Texas, immediately."

The four mimic his demeanor as a woman's face appears on the screen. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know who she is, but she like everyone else, looks foreign to me.

"Darla Winser." Rossi murmurs, his eyes squinting at the screen.

"Austin Police department was sent this video a two weeks ago... but they were sent it a second time today, an hour before receiving the body of one of her very first victims." Garcia voice plays from Hotch's phone and immediately the screen begins to play a black and white video.

"I said I wasn't finished, no I wasn't finished with you." The woman begins singing creepily, almost as if it is a dark nursery rhyme. "Now that I'm away, all the mice will play, feeling safe and sound. But I'm not done, more still to come, and yet still not all have been found."

The woman looks to the camera, and with a sickening smile that dosent reach her eyes she begins to repeat her little song again.

Penelope stops the video remotely, and clicks to go to tbs next slide which has the photographs of a large box with skeletal remains inside.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said they received one of the body's." Emily speaks first. "It was delivered by mail?"

"The package was dropped at Chief Clooneys private home." Hotch explains.

"Smart. No surveillance or officers lurking around. Someone could have dropped it off in the middle of the night and easily not have been caught." JJ shakes her head.

"Wait wait wait." Morgan waves his hand in front of him, his expression one of disbelief. "Didn't we arrest Winser four years ago? Four counts of first degree murder? She was sentenced four non-consecutive life sentences? And now what— she's just revealing now that she killed more people?"

"She has revealed more than that." Rossi points to the screen. "Who delivered the body?"

She has help from the outside.