...Honestly, she'd never thought that Cat was willing to help look for her..

"...Huh." Was all that she could say.

A couple seconds of awkward silence passed. Skara realized both Cat and Bo had expected... More of a response than that. But honestly, she just couldn't give them more. She couldn't think of anything else to say.

So instead, she just went back to the previous topic. "...A - And they only have students working on her because?..."

Cat blinked, but then answered. "W - Well, the other Healers help, but..." She picked up Skara's other arm, and began to cast another spell on it, and turned to face towards Amelia, who now seemed to have fallen asleep. "She only really seems to respond to me, so I... I guess they just decided it's best if I'm around her the most. I... I'm the only one who really gets her, you know?"

Her tone was wistful, dreamlike, as if she wasn't just staring at her friend, but at someone precious, something pure. Someone she viewed as the best thing in her entire life -

Ah.

Normally, Skara would have found it adorably charming - If, in her distracted state, Cat hadn't started cauterizing her uniform.

"Uh, Cat? " Skara asked. Cat apparently didn't hear. A small flame began to appear on her arm. "CAT?"

"Huh - Oh, TITAN!" Cat yelped as she realized what was happening. She cast another spell circle above the flame, and an ice pack fell onto it. It extinguished the flame with a hiss. "Are you alright, Skara?!"

There were a couple of seconds of absolute silence, in sheer disbelief at what had just happened. The silence just made everything feel more intense. Under the circumstances, yelling and screaming was the more expected response.

But Skara surprised everyone - Including herself.

The Bard just laughed .

"Pfffft!"

Both Cat and Bo looked towards one another, confused. "S - Skara?"

Maybe it was the sheer stress of everything that had happened over the last few weeks and of the last twenty-four hours in particular, and maybe she was just relieved to be back in Bonesborough, or maybe it was because of Cat being a complete disaster with Amelia, and the whole thing had tickled Skara - Or maybe it was just the irony of it all.

Whatever it was, Skara couldn't help but laugh!

"S - Sorry, sorry!" She giggled. "Just - I nearly freeze on the Knee, and then the moment I get back here, I nearly catch fire! Just - Pft!"

It probably didn't make even the slightest bit of sense to anyone else, but Skara honestly didn't care - Something about it just made the Bard laugh.

And she hadn't laughed in what felt like a very, very long time.

Well, actually, when she thought about it...

But don't worry - I got over it.

Another snicker escaped her.

"Er, well then," Cat said, through a slight, but very confused grin that had formed at the sight of Skara's laughter, "Aside from your... Odd response to catching fire - I really am sorry about that - other than the cuts and bruises you seem like you're in surprisingly good shape."

"Surprisingly?"

"Getting stuck on the Knee overnight, I'd honestly expected you to have some sign of frostbite, or kelvin's burn, or necrocicero, but you don't have any of them. Other than the cuts and bruises, physically, you're fine." With a wave of her hand, the Spell Circles dissipated, and she walked around the examination table so that she was in front of Skara. "The only thing that's concerning is the Spider-Yeti venom effects. I'll need to check with the senior Healers, but I think you'll need to be put on an antidote potion regimen for a week or two. So you're gonna have to wait around the place a bit while I get that sorted, but other than that, I think you're good to go."