Chilly Rains - t.s.h

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Circles
Post Malone

Ok so u guys this one shot is written for my bby May😭😭 it's her birthday on the 2nd and I wrote this for her b-day in advance✨

She's the one who wrote the poem in the story and I just want to add her talent to this piece of crap that I wrote. Hope you like it bby and Happy early birthday 😭😭✨💓

It was a cloudy day that afternoon, the sky was littered with white buds of cotton that rested in the air, floating peacefully, humming to the beats of their white silver hearts. The air was a breezy one, relieving cold mist that danced around in the skies.

I sat in the middle of a park within the big loud city of New York. My tiny body sat on an antique fountain with a beautiful lady carved onto it. The sound of water channeling itself into a large pool was calming to my ears as I hummed to myself sitting on the outskirts of the fountain.

On my lap was a book. I called it 'My Poetry Book.' It was a small arrangement of pages that looked sore and plain. But within was the beauty of a humans thoughts, feelings, experiences.

I had never learned to love people, they had always seemed to slip off my fingers, so instead I learned to love words. To play with letters, to play with sounds and rhythms.

It had its own beauty.

In my hand I held a pen, chewing at the end of it, or moving it about playfully on my fingers, thinking of what to write.

I looked up at the sky, hoping for inspiration. The clouds were getting darker and the sky now grey, I had finally decided on 'Rain.'

Quiet simple I know, but again, the simplest of things have the most extraordinary beauty.

I tapped my pen on the light page that constantly flew about in the wind that was dancing in the air.

I let out a sigh and began to write:

It falls and falls pattering on the ground
Illuminating it's chilly but calming sound

My mind wonders off to a world with a cold breeze passing through my air and raindrops falling from the heavens.

The loud noises coming from the crowds of people around me were no longer dominant. Just the sounds of the rain and the cold air was audible to my ears. In my own world that I continued to write:

The air cold the mist heavy
This one was different unlike many

I smiled as I imagined the rain in front of me, but my day dreaming was soon interrupted as I felt a real drop fall on my nose. I opened my eyes only to be showered by heavy rain. I heard people yelling at me to cover myself up with shade and in a haste I quickly got up and made my way to the shelter under the roof of a nearby coffee house, right in front of our magical poetic fountain.
>