Reminiscence

Hey guys. I realised that I wanted to post another wattpad, and keep on updating this one, so I'll rarely update on this. But I eventually will. The new story will be called "From the Ashes", and will include a Percy Jackson OC, called David Rabinovich. The story will be released in 5 days!

And... it is out. To read it, you can either:
a) go onto my profile and click on STORIES

b) go onto search and type in David Rabinovich. Then Click on the story that says: From the ashes

Alright! I'm already four chapters in on From The Ashes! Sadly, not many people are reading it. So, I'll make a deal with you guys. If more people read from the ashes, I will post another chapter for this Wattpad! I've already started one, but I'll post it if more people read, alright?
Claire POV

As I walked to Mr Stricklers class on audition day, my mind kept wandering to the blue-jacketed boy who asked for a Shakespeare flyer.
Jim. Wait. How do I know his name? I immediately dismissed the thought. I must've heard it in daily register. Anyway. When he looked at me me, there was a sort of miserable yearning in his face. I wouldn't say he had a crush on me, but it was as if he knew me and then I forgot about him. But I've never met him in my life before yesterday. Then I snorted internally.
Well that's because you forgot about him, dummy. But I feel as if I was very close to him once in my life. But I might find out more about him in auditions. Depends on what part of Romeo and Juliet he will speak.
But you've got your own audition to think about, right? I scolded myself. I shook my head and went off to class.

When I got to Mr Strickler, I already saw Jim there. He was looking around the class wistfully, as if he had made great memories with mosquitoes, malaria and world war 1. As Mr Strickler progressed through his class, I glanced at Jim once or twice. Okay, fine, I was staring at him for half the time. But something happened at the end of the class that made me narrow my eyes in suspicion. Mr Strickler was staring at Jim mischievously, and then called to him.
"Young Atlas, since you are not paying attention and clearly know this, would you care to tell me what tactics Napoleon used to win?" I bit my cheek to stop myself from giggling. Young Atlas! Jim perked up and smiled.
"Napoleonic tactics are characterized by intense drilling of the soldiers; speedy battlefield movement; combined arms assaults between infantry, cavalry, and artillery; and a relatively small numbers of cannon, short-range musket fire, and bayonet charges." My jaw dropped, along with around half of the class. We've barely been taught about the tactics, and here was Jim, spouting facts like a living Wikipedia! The school bell rang, which meant... auditions.
Time to shine. I steeled myself, momentarily forgetting about the mysterious blue-jacketed boy who knew about Napoleon as if he was part of the Grandee Armee.
What, drawn and talk of peace? I hate the word as I hate hell, and all Monatgues, and thee.

When Jim came in stage, he looked like a true actor. Steeling his nerves behind a confident face, he was the epitome of an actor.
"I'm Jim lake, here to try out for the part of Romeo." I frowned. A headache was starting to begin, and I had a sense of deja by. Altogether, not pleasant.
"Well, blow our minds, Mr Lake!" Miss Janeth cried. Jim took a deep breath.
"Destiny... Destiny is a gift." The headache and deja by started to intensify, and I shook my head, trying to somehow, magically dislodge it. Magic... some strange woman's voice whispered in my head. My eyes widened. Great. I'm hearing voices in my head now. What's next? I have a magic staff that allows me to open portals into a different dimension? The headache increased 10 fold. I nearly cried out. Then as Jim continued, it slowly lessened. "Some go their entire lives living quiet desperation, feeling like what feels as if a burden, pushing down upon us, is actually a sense of greater purpose lifting us to greater heights!" Shocked, I looked around to see if anyone else was hearing this. Everyone was. "Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valour! Don't think," he paused, eyes gleaming, "become." Silence. Jim looked around, as if coming out of a trance. "Um... hello?" Suddenly, everyone erupted into rapturous applause. Except for me.  My eyes widened in shock as I suddenly realised why I knew Jim.
Trollhunters.